I got scammed and denied a refund!

AnimeGenork
New Community Member

I recently got an ad on my phone for a set of "anxiety" books by Alice Taylor, so I bought them, thinking they'd be helpful for my mental health. I found out days later, via a Facebook post by the REAL Alice Taylor, that the books were a scam. Instead of receiving physical books, I received PDFs that were not what I had expected/intended to buy--and those are fake as well. I disputed the purchase, hoping to get a refund, and the seller kept telling me they wouldn't give me a refund. THEY finally escalated the case to PayPal, and I submitted so much evidence against them, including the "receipt" I got and the post telling everyone that it was a scam. PayPal decided to not grant me my refund, and now I don't know what to do. That's too much money down the drain for some scam; I just want my money back.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Donna

Hello @AnimeGenork,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

I am sorry for the negative experience you have had with this transaction and that we could not help you at this time. Remember though that our protection is just an extra layer of security. You still have all of your normal consumer rights and if you paid with a bank or card, your bank may also offer protection.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.