I don't see why I have to pay the full cost of returning items an incorrect item

Plexuk
Contributor
Contributor

I have opened a dispute and the supplier has agreed to refund me once the item has been returned. I am expected to pay for the return shipping even though items were in my opinion not as described and also one of the provided items was the incorrect size - I do not see any way to dispute this as the only option I get is to input the delivery details, I don't see any way to say why I don't think I should be liable for full cost of returning the item

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Plexuk 

In the event of a dispute you choose your seller and not Paypal so you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you go ahead and buy from that seller / country.

Paypal state this >>
IMPORTANT: You may be required to return the item to the seller or other party we specify as part of the settlement of your claim. PayPal Buyer Protection does not entitle you to reimbursement for the return shipping costs that you may incur.

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

If the merchant is in the UK then if the item was misdescribed or damaged you could pursue them in the small claims court to get the return shipping costs returned, however if you bought internationally you would have negated that option unfortunately. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Plexuk 

In the event of a dispute you choose your seller and not Paypal so you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you go ahead and buy from that seller / country.

Paypal state this >>
IMPORTANT: You may be required to return the item to the seller or other party we specify as part of the settlement of your claim. PayPal Buyer Protection does not entitle you to reimbursement for the return shipping costs that you may incur.

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

If the merchant is in the UK then if the item was misdescribed or damaged you could pursue them in the small claims court to get the return shipping costs returned, however if you bought internationally you would have negated that option unfortunately. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Plexuk
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your response and I understand this now but what do I do to make paypal aware that I am unable to send the items back as I need  contact name and number to enable me to return the item - i am attempting to return the item using DPD but they are requesting a contact name and number to enable me to do this ?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Plexuk 

Reach out to customer services?

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, (during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out).
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.