I GOT SCAMMED, PayPal denied my case INSTANTLY

kirade
Contributor
Contributor

I recently made a purchase on an app at 9 PM (March 29th). The seller was very responsive on the app and seemed legit. Then I received the tracking number later that evening at 11 (I was surprised because post offices were long since closed at that point)  and when I look at it it says that the package had already shipped out nine days earlier on the 20th (before the item was even posted on the app), AND that it had been successfully delivered on the 27th (two days before the purchase was made, which is impossible). Initially I thought maybe the tacking would update, but when I went to message the seller the next morning (March 30), They had DELETED THEIR ACCOUNT. There were so many red flags so I wanted to open a dispute with PayPal, who told me it would take about a week to go over my case and that they would wait for a response from the seller. A LITERAL DAY LATER with no response from the seller, and what I presume was no effort of Paypal's end, they tell me my case was DENIED because the item was "delivered". So PayPal actually thinks the package was delivered IN ONE DAY??? I had also provided proof of false tracking as well (didn't even say my address on the tracking) and now I'm convinced that they didn't even try. Currently, Paypal's phone service is down due to COVID 19, but I also am unable to receive messages from their message center. I just keep getting automated responses anywhere I turn and I'm so frustrated. I really thought I was protected as a buyer from PayPal but I guess not... Is there any way to refile my dispute or get my money back???

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

bellah_24
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @kirade thank your for reaching out to PayPal Community Forum. I hope you are all safe during this pandemic. I absolutely agree! that it won't be possible to deliver the item on the same day of purchased and NEVER have it delivered prior of making a purchase.I understand where you are coming from. Due to Cov19,our phone lines are still closed until further notice. If your dispute has been denied you can't file a new one BUT customer service can reopen it for you. I suggest please contact us through our chat support channel by accessing the  Message Center page of your PayPal account. Look for the Chat support option and you will get to interact with our customer service. Please provide the case id number of the claim that you have previously filed or the transaction ID number so we can verify the eligibility of the transaction and file the correct claim for you. Kindly ask her/him to double check the tracking information,delivery date vs purchase date and the address as well. You will be advised if we need a proof from the shipping company. But,for me the delivery date vs purchase date I can consider that as invalid right away based to what you have said. You can point that out. **If this post or any other was helpful, you may enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.*** Stay safe and take care.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

MarcoHS
Contributor
Contributor

If you paid through a credit card, you can file a dispute through your credit card company too. I sent same documents to PayPal and my CC company. The CC company refunded me within 36 hours. WAY faster than PayPal. 

Login to Me Too

kirade
Contributor
Contributor
Unfortunately I already tried that. Waited ten days for them to say it was out of their reach and to contact PayPal... is there a way I can call a real person anymore? Seems like the only way
Login to Me Too
Solved

bellah_24
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @kirade thank your for reaching out to PayPal Community Forum. I hope you are all safe during this pandemic. I absolutely agree! that it won't be possible to deliver the item on the same day of purchased and NEVER have it delivered prior of making a purchase.I understand where you are coming from. Due to Cov19,our phone lines are still closed until further notice. If your dispute has been denied you can't file a new one BUT customer service can reopen it for you. I suggest please contact us through our chat support channel by accessing the  Message Center page of your PayPal account. Look for the Chat support option and you will get to interact with our customer service. Please provide the case id number of the claim that you have previously filed or the transaction ID number so we can verify the eligibility of the transaction and file the correct claim for you. Kindly ask her/him to double check the tracking information,delivery date vs purchase date and the address as well. You will be advised if we need a proof from the shipping company. But,for me the delivery date vs purchase date I can consider that as invalid right away based to what you have said. You can point that out. **If this post or any other was helpful, you may enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.*** Stay safe and take care.
Login to Me Too

kirade
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you @bellah_24  !!! 

Since I'd been having trouble with the message center I tried a different browser and was able to locate, next day, there's my refund!

Login to Me Too

rosealinda
Contributor
Contributor

The same thing happened to me. I ordered a lawn edger, I suspected it was a scam, which is why I filed the initial claim, that was erroneously denied!! Today, I received a package labeled handkerchief containing face masks. I did not, nor have I ever ordered face masks.  Not sure why PayPal would deny my claim, as I provided them with proper information.  I Googled the email addresses and they come up as scams.  I even copied spoof@paypal.com on the emails I sent to the scammers.  So, now I am out of $69.95, not including the time I am wasting trying to get my money back.  

Per PayPal, I am not able to open up a new dispute on the same charge, as a customer service rep is the only one that can do so.  I have been a user of PayPal for many years and have NEVER had this happen to me.  

Login to Me Too

TCB2

I went to website to buy something for my wife's  a birthday. She wanted an Excercise Bike found one on Best Buy for $599 weight 112lbs then saw same on different website site for Total $98.99 so I went to buy it got to finishing purchase a noticed that the business address was an Appartment in Indiana RED FLAG!!! Then saw that Phone number on website was (956 area code) Texas number Another RED FLAG!!! Number not in same state as business??

Tried to call Number but NO ONE ANWSERED PHONE WHAT A SURPRISE! RED FLAG!!! I sent a message (email) on the shopping cart of that website telling the ?? Business ?? I wanted too CANCEL the order I had placed using my credit card. Guess what? NO REPLY!!!  I went to PayPal and filed a Dispute stated it was a Billing Dispute because at the time that's all that Paypal's website for some reason would let me file, but it was a billing dispute because I didn't want to be billed for and item that I didn't want from that website, I wanted it Canceled...  Now then about four or five days ( the seller at that website had not responded to Paypal dispute ) later PayPal sends me an email with a Tracking No# (UPS) stating this item had been shipped ???

I check UPS Tracking it said an item was being Shipped to ( Louisville, KY ) NO ADDRESS!! JUST TO LOUISVILLE KY, I called local UPS Store got Number to main disbatch location Number called them spoke to man there told him the Tracking N# that was on the PayPal email, that I wanted package "STOPPED NOT DELIVERED" SENT BACK !!! That the item I was suppose to receive was to weight 112lbs. and UPS Track & Confirm website showed package weighted only 15.8 lbs. the UPS Rep asked me for my address when I told him he said QUOTE::: THIS PACKAGE IS NOT BEING SENT TO YOUR ADDRESS, UNQUOTE. He asked me how I got the tracking No# I told him and he told me the address were the package was being sent to a completely different zip code then mine.

I sent this information to PayPal but that served NO PURPOSE because they dismissed my dispute and i filed another one stating that the transaction was not autorzied which was true because I did everything in my power to cancel it and if it had been a ligitamate company they would have canceled my transaction at the time of my sending the request to do so! And PAYPAL should have the commonsense to know that.

I have been with PAYPAL for over 15years and use to have a business account on PAYPAL might still have one on PAYPAL not sure but this is the worst treatment I have ever received from this place and I'm trutly disappointed in there Customer Service or there Resolution Team any more when I use to work with them on FRAUD CASES, Now Ebay they have great Customer Service you can still speak to a person even if it is thru chat but PayPal everytime you call there phone system cut you off.

POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Login to Me Too

Bear39
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal sucks  they lie about what they do for you

Login to Me Too

Stev64
Contributor
Contributor

I will try the same.  If I do not get resolution from PayPal I am deleting my PayPal account.

Login to Me Too

Bear39
Contributor
Contributor

I have found lately they deny all disputes they are not here for the buyer at all anymore. You are on your own they just advertise buyer protection as a selling point to get more people to sign up. I am canceling my account due to this the are as worthless as the people that rip you off. I will cancel my account and my credit account because I am tired of false claims to help you I will use Google pay since they do not want to hold up what they advertise.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.