How to reopen a closed disputed case

bobchi
Contributor
Contributor

How do I reopen a disputed closed case.  I was the victim of a fraudulent Keen store fake website for $79.  The fraudster included two USPS tracking numbers that they somehow obtained.  However, those tracking numbers are for Amazon shipments and unrelated.  Also, why are there 2 tracking numbers for one shipment.  PayPal said that the shipper provided proof of purchase and closed the case.  I want to open it and show PayPal that those two shipping numbers are for Amazon, which I can prove.  There is no way to do it on the website.  I tried to send a message, but it only lets me start a new claim, not open one.  I tried to phone customer service, but after much around around, is said it would transfer me to an agent.  At that point it said there are no agents, please contact customer service via our website and hung up on me.  How do I reopen the claim so I can prove the fraud?

Login to Me Too
62 REPLIES 62

johlin
Contributor
Contributor

Where did you find a phone number???

Login to Me Too

PayPal_RebeccaN

Hi @johlin

Welcome to the PayPal Community. 

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with a PayPal case. 

Click 'Help' or 'Contact Us' at the bottom left of any PayPal page for contact options available for your country. 

Also, you can contact us via Facebook or Twitter.

For Twitter: @AskPayPal

For Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PayPa

Thank you! 

- Rebecca 

Login to Me Too

moniGO
New Community Member

I don't think they do. Paypal is not a good avenue for protecting your money. It's actually quite the opposite. There is no help at all with fraud. They seem to be on retailers' side NOT their customers. I am so disappointed with Paypal for allowing someone to fraudulently take my money and they offer no help at all. Now I stumble upon this thread and find out that this problem is universal. Shame on you PayPal. 

Login to Me Too

Seane68
Contributor
Contributor

My advice is to never use a debit card as they take your cash in hand.  Always use a credit card and one that you are comfortable  with the customer service.   I got scammed on pay pal buy a company that ended being in China.  They used a tracking number that they had obtained for some product that got delivered to some other address.  When I started a dispute, Paypal said the tracking number said it was delivered so therefor I must have gotten the product...well 1.   I doubt the USPS put a futon mattress in a mailbox  2.  I contacted USPS and they compared my address with the tracking and obviously it wasn't the same.   Fortunately I put the charge on my credit union visa card and explained the situation to them (they actually listened) and they reversed the charge.  My final solution was  that I have not nor will I ever use Paypal again.  Had I just spent the extra couple of seconds to pay directly by credit card in the first place, I could have skipped the middleman and had the charge reversed without wasting my time trying to go through Paypal.  This response is the first time in 8 months I've even logged on to Paypal as I got a notifcation about this topic.  I thought I had cancelled my Paypal account.  This is a reminder that I need to make sure that gets done.  If you have a decent credit card, there's really no reason to use Paypal.

Login to Me Too

GreatDad
Contributor
Contributor

I'd perhaps use on eBay since seller has to maintain seller ratings, but I'll never use it again to buy something unless perhpas it's a merchant I would trust to provide customer service. It's a $55 lesson I'll teach my f

Login to Me Too

EastTexasGirl
Contributor
Contributor
I'm having the same problem. I filed a claim with paypal twice and both were denied because they contacted the sellers and both sellers said my pkgs had been shipped. The pkgs were shipped all right but neither one was what i ordered but had the same tracking number as what i had ordered. 1 was a pool pump for $62.58 and i received 3 masks instead and 1 was a outdoor utility wagon for $20.98 and i received a little pink bag with rabbit face on it. PayPal will not let you discuss a closed case with them to let them know you didn't receive what you ordered. The seller gives you long enough to file a claim then gives PayPal proof it's been shipped, they deny your case then your item comes in the mail and it's not what you ordered. Now PayPal won't discuss it with you anymore. All i want to do is show them what i received from what i ordered. What a rip off.
Login to Me Too

alexationofsort
Contributor
Contributor

That it true, if Paypal wants to remain credible and relevant, they should be aware to the new moduses that overseas sellers do to make money. I am from the Philippines and there are thousands of online buyers being victimized by these unscrupulous sellers. Her in the Philippines, they have allowed COD on online orders. When it arrives, you check if your order is correct, if not, do not pay. That way you are not help hostage by these thieves.

Login to Me Too

alexationofsort
Contributor
Contributor

As far as i know, paypal does not open closed disputes, no matter if there is  new problem that arises later on in the transaction. They will not hear any of your explanations of stories, some of the customer assistants just shut you out and end the conversation and leave you hanging. They will ask you to deal with your credit card company. 

I think Paypal should start reviewing many of their policies to make sure they are relevant to the times. Remember we are in a pandemic and there are people everywhere eager to earn a quick buck even if it means cheating on an innocent buyer.

Login to Me Too

amyames2018

I am going to quit using PayPal all together.  I use them to help protect against fraud with my online purchases and they are easily conned, it seems.  I can't re-open a dispute that they closed because the seller provided tracking info that was not correct.  How do you protect against a tracking number, when the box did arrive, but with only one of the items I paid for?  I got scammed and PayPal is no help. 

Login to Me Too

Revo_111x
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah I didn’t get any help either I tried to dispute my case re submitted it and still nothing! But I noticed below your comment here someone has disputed it by written a letter to Paypal. All my info is on my phone and I don’t have internet nor a PC to do any of that. I did save all my info even from the website. But if you go to it now it’s closed down but I’m sure they opened it in another website under something else. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.