How to recover account after permanent suspend even tho i am in the right

PerfectoNavi
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, so i have a question about the account limitation thing because my account got limited permanently after i sent my id to paypal saying that i am not over 18, i think they just didnt read the id correctly honestly because if u look up where to find the born date on a romanian id u can find it and i was clearly over 18. After i called them they said that its true i am older than 18 but they will check more and email me back with information about my case, the thing is that 1 week has gone and i didnt get any response about what happened even tho on the phone i think it was pretty clear that i was in the right. There is no way my account gets limited permanently because i am not over 18 EVEN THO on my id it says clear the exact date where i was born. I think they just didnt bother about it and i still am waiting for a response, i hope i get it.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PerfectoNavi 

I think the point may be were you over 18 when you opened your paypal account?

If not then it would not matter how old you are now, once paypal found out the account would be limited as an illegally opened minor / underage account. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PerfectoNavi
Contributor
Contributor

i didnt know this is a question i think that this was just to say what happened. but yeah i was underage when i did the account. but i can make a new account and forget this one right ?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PerfectoNavi 

Paypal does not allow account holders under the age of 18.

PayPal asks for a birth date when you register so whilst you can make a PayPal account with false information the account will need to be verified to accept funds into your balance or lift any limits.
As you would be unable to verify your account it would be permanently locked for further use.

You would never be able to use that illegally opened underage account again but once 18 Paypal may allow you to open a new account. Opening a new account is not guaranteed as you have already broken their rules once so you would need to ask customer services first if they will allow that, if you don't then you risk your new one being banned as well.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

PerfectoNavi
Contributor
Contributor

aha ok then my account is perma banned but i will make new one bcs im over 18 so it should be fine

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PerfectoNavi 

If you don't check first then you may not be able to do so OR get limited as soon as you have made it.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

PerfectoNavi
Contributor
Contributor

Ok so i asked as u said and they said i can make a new account, but on the account that got limited i never had any card or bank account linked so now when the account was limited i got told that i can withdraw money if i just link a card and so i did, but after that i removed the card and wanted to link it to the new account but it says that it is still linked to another account ( the limited one ) but the other account has no card linked because i removed it after the withdraw, can this maybe be because i didnt let enought time and the system still thinks its on that account or is it some problem ?

Login to Me Too

PerfectoNavi
Contributor
Contributor

Also to add something i even got the mail that i added the card and then that i removed it maybe i just did everything too fast and i need to wait a day idk

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.