How to recover PayPal account

Zarya
Contributor
Contributor

How to recover PayPal account which was permanently limited after review Reference ID: PP-L-4541566703338? I can't no longer use the PayPal service but there are left some money which my friends send me. But because of they choose wrong transaction type "Goods and Services" but should be Family and friend so  transaction detected as suspicious. Cause they also didn't know how to send money, they just send it. And now they can't take it back and I also can't use it. I uploaded documents which PayPal asked me, but decision wasn't in my side. I don't know where I broke the rule. As I am from Kazakhstan, my documents bank account and billing address all are in Russian but if translate you can see everything is clear, have bank statement which is under my name I even uploaded my bank card where it is written my full name as in PayPal. Please help me to explain and recover my account! I tried to call customer Service but couldn't reach them out. And couldn't find customer service chat to talk with operator not chat bot where you talk with robots! It is really worst experience that I had with PayPal! Never recommend this type of wallet no-one. Hope customer service reach out to me, thanks!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zarya 

Not sure the friends/family option is available in your country is it?

Anyway even if it is sending funds using goods/services instead of friends/family is not suspicious and shouldn't lead to a permanent ban !!!

However if it was a ban due to documentation then only customer services can help you. Are you in Kazakhstan and not trying to use the account in Russia as that would trigger a ban.

You can rarely appeal a permanent limitation but if you want to try then ....

https://www.paypal.com/cshelp/article/how-do-i-contact-paypal-customer-service--HELP378

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Zarya
Contributor
Contributor

No,  I am not in Russia and not Russian. Just our government documents holds two languages together Kazakh and Russian language. For example bank statements are all in Russian. Currently I am on holiday in China but my phone number everything is working well. I don't know what is the problem. I can even can accept video call if needs to prove my identity.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zarya 

That may be the problem, paypal is country specific so you should not use it in another country.

When traveling, a login from a different country than where your PayPal account is registered can appear like an attempt by a third party to take over your account. Due to this, PayPal heavily limits and often prevents use of an account while traveling. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Zarya
Contributor
Contributor

thank you for your response. now if I am abroad I can't use my PayPal, even recover? If so how to ask them to refund money to senders. as I can't use it 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zarya 

As your friend sent using goods/services then all they have to do is open a dispute for non receipt of item or service.

Then you don't respond at all and allow a few days and he can escalate the dispute to a claim.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.