How to dispute invoice not on my activity feed

VaGypsie
Contributor
Contributor

How do I dispute an invoice that's not listed on my activity feed? I have the transaction number but when I go to the dispute page this transaction is not listed to click report a problem.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@VaGypsie 

Then the person did not send a real PayPal invoice. Some fake junk made up by a scammer probably. Are you the one getting paid? Need the back story. And transaction ID numbers do not contain dashes. Buyers do not send invoices, only sellers do.

You can also contact customer service to verify the transaction number:

1. https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/contact-us
  2. Click Payments
  3. Click Payment missing
  4. Click Message Us or Call Us after the “This information might help” box.

Messages are responded in the order received if their automated bot are not able to assist.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@VaGypsie 

Then the person did not send a real PayPal invoice. Some fake junk made up by a scammer probably. Are you the one getting paid? Need the back story. And transaction ID numbers do not contain dashes. Buyers do not send invoices, only sellers do.

You can also contact customer service to verify the transaction number:

1. https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/contact-us
  2. Click Payments
  3. Click Payment missing
  4. Click Message Us or Call Us after the “This information might help” box.

Messages are responded in the order received if their automated bot are not able to assist.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

VaGypsie
Contributor
Contributor

No, I paid her. This was the third month I paid for her services but his month she did not complete the contracted work. The transaction number doesn't have any dashes. The receipt email is from services at paypal dot com

I will try to verify the transaction number with the info you provided. Thank you! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.