How to cancel an eBay order after close Paypal dispute ?

diablox0147
Contributor
Contributor
Hello
I am trying to find out how to cancel an order whose dispute has been closed on Paypal, here is the story:
I ordered a PS5 console from eBay, but after waiting a few days the seller is still not shipping the order and responding to the message. 
So I went to PayPal to open a dispute for the item not received, 2 days after the seller contacted me to inform me that he could not cancel the order since eBay could no longer process the refund (dispute opened on PayPal), after some conversation the seller asks me to cancel the dispute on paypal to try to release the blockage on the eBay side. But after closing the paypal dispute, he still can't cancel the order, so we're stuck, he can't send the order or cancel the order,
what can i do now? 

Thanks
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@diablox0147 

If you had to close a case to get a refund then it would be pointless opening one.
NEVER close a dispute / claim until you have a refund.
If the seller issued a refund then that would close the dispute automatically.
If he doesn't escalate to a claim.
Do not close it or he can ignore you and you can't open a second dispute OR re-open a closed one.

And yes of course he can cancel and refund on ebay OR just issue a paypal refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

diablox0147
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @kernowlass ,

unfortunately not with the new eBay payment system, the seller has not received the money in his paypal account, nor in his bank account.

I contacted eBay several times, but each time they either send me back to paypal asking me to contact paypal, or telling me they can't cancel the order because there is a paypal dispute.

it is really disaster with new ebay payment, the money is sent to ebay but they tell me they can't cancel the order because of paypal ...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.