How do I sue paypal

BoyCat66
Contributor
Contributor
A buyer committed fraud against me and PayPal refuses to work with me to recover my money. I am out $1,630. Am I able to sue PayPal in court?
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BoyCat66 

We would have given advice on the dispute if you had given details on what had happened.

As you didn't bother then I suggest you see a lawyer to find out how to sue paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

BoyCat66
Contributor
Contributor

I sold items to a buyer, some art, for $1,600. I did not provide any description whatsoever. Instead I provided him with several photos on Google Drive with dimensions also (including back, front side views). He received the shipment, decided to change his mind and lied to PayPal that the 4 items were 'not as described'. He had done the same thing before on a $400 purchase too; but didn't complain until after the 2nd purchase was shipped, or I would never have shipped the second order. We gave in on the first order, refunding his money. I fought with PayPal for several weeks on the messages board that he was lying, because we never provided a written description, so how could he say 'not as described'!! PP told him to ship it back (from Australia) and held the money pending a review. I still have not received back the items. PP three times during December messaged me telling me to wait just 1 more week and they'll send me the $1600. Now this morning they emailed me to say they decided to refund the buyer his $1600! I am furious. I lost the $1600 AND I don't have the art returned either. I'm not sure what my next steps will be, but I'm am not giving in. PayPal customer support has been horrible. They should have asked the buyer how the items were 'described'. Does anyone have thoughts on a possible lawsuit claim against PayPal? Thanks for your help!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @BoyCat66

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum. I can understand your frustration regarding a dispute that did not go in your favor. It sounds like a description was provided in a document that you uploaded for the buyer. I'm sorry that there is any confusion regarding what constitutes a product description. Any agreement made to conduct the transaction may be submitted or referenced and a description of what has been sold, subject to the review of PayPal.

However, it also sounds like there may have been some miscommunication about the case review, and if you think there was a mistake, you can absolutely contact Customer Service to request a second look.

I hope this can be resolved for you!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

BoyCat66
Contributor
Contributor

No, Olivia, I certainly DID NOT provide a description document to the buyer. A product description would include verbiage describing the items. I provided several hundred photos of African art, from which the buyer reviewed and selected  four items to purchase from me; each item had multiple views, side, front, back, etc. Having seen numerous color photos, how can the buyer then claim "not as described"?  That is ludicrous! We asked him if wanted additional photos and he said no. It is completely irrational to claim the items are "not as described" when he literally saw photos of the items. It is obvious that the buyer simply changed his mind. And 'changing your mind' is NOT a valid reason for PayPal to reverse a sale.

Login to Me Too

vintagehead
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Olivia, I see your one of the only PayPal employees available here(?). Would you be as kind as to help me with my apparent account freeze/limitation. The details are listed in my recent post: https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Security-and-Fraud/Verified-my-identity-3-times-account-is-still...

thanks kindly

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@vintagehead 

@PayPal_Olivia no longer works at Paypal unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.