How do I request refund or dispute a payment if the transaction is not on my summary page?

Cindy613
New Community Member

I made a purchase, off of Facebook, silly me! Got an email from paypal with seller details but I did not have a paypal account. I emailed seller multiple times with no response (seller never even sent email with purchase details). Now I have signed up for paypal account but the transaction does not show on summary page so I am having trouble requesting a refund through paypal - cannot create a case and dispute it because it does not show up on summary page. Seller will not respond, is there a way to get a refund? I am not sure if there is even a real product that will be shgipped.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_MariaI

Hello, @Cindy613!

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community! 

If you can't see the transaction on the activity of your account, it could mean that you made the payment using a guest account. You can give our Customer Care a call and the agents will file the dispute for you, don't worry :). Here you can find our contact page: https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/home.

I hope this information helps. 

María. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.