How can I transfer the money that was on hold for 120 days after account closure?

Tetiana06
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

my account got banned 120 days ago and the remaining balance got put on hold. Now after 120 days have passed, I received an email saying that I can now transfer the remaining balance to my bank. They even provide a desctiption on how to do that. The problem is that there is no transfer button on my dasboard and the remaining balance is still on hold. When contacting customer support they are always sending me random instructions on how to transfer the money even when I am telling them that the button is non existing in my account. 

It seems there is only idiots working at paypals customer service.

Can anyone help?

Best

Tetiana

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tetiana06 

Contact them again and see if they will send you a cheque with the balance?

Although normally its 180 days you have to wait to withdraw funds, so it could be they are allowing you to withdraw once the 180 days is up?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Tetiana06
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I had to message them more than 10 times until I finally got someone who actually read my message and solved the issue. The issue was that they only activated witdrawals but forgot to release the hold from my balance.

All the messages that came back from Indian or Pakistani sounding names were complete rubish and only copy paste text blocks that were not even relevant to my question. Those **bleep** didnt even bother to read my message. Imagine what a piece of **bleep** you have to be to do this kind of support. I am not even mad ad those employees as they just try to make money with minimal effort which resulst in no help at all. Paypal obviously doesnt give a damn about quality customer support! 

However I got my funds and am now happy to leave 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.