Help with Scam Website and transaction with credit card

razielient
New Community Member

Asking on behalf of my mother who doesn't have a account with paypal.

She purchased an item of a scam website that was portraying itself as river island out of China. The item never came and the transaction was conducted through her credit card. We have rung the bank several times who of which confirmed it was a scam but have been running us around in circles. 2 months after the sale, they are now telling us we have to contact paypal as the transaction was conducted through paypal some how and that they cannot proceed to help us without permission from paypal. How can this been done without a paypal account or history?

Thanks in advance

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @razielient

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble with this transaction. 

You have to have an active PayPal account in good standing to qualify for PayPal Buyer Protection and dispute a transaction. No need to worry! When a payment is sent using our services, an email is sent with details about the payment. The email will include a link to create an account. If your mother no longer has the email, she can always sign up for an account on our site. If she's unable to sign up using the link in the email, the transaction will not be linked to the account when signing up, and she would need to reach out to our customer support team to assist filing a dispute. She can also reach us on Twitter and Facebook

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.