Help getting seller address to complete return

ericmichaels3
Contributor
Contributor

I disputed a Ebay transaction and Paypal determined I need to return item for a refund......fine.

They ask me to upload a shipping label as proof but I do not have the seller address.  

Seller won't respond to help.

Have texted and called Paypal but can't get a person. All the Dispute section allows me to do is RESPOND by uploading a shipping label and pics....not ask a question.

Ebay has closed the "return" since paypal has it and won't provide info. All I have is the Zip Code from tracking.

Any advice?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ericmichaels3 

Why didn't you open an Ebay dispute and continue with that one? Then Ebay would have provided you with a return shipping label.

By opening a Paypal one for an Ebay transaction paypal won't know the sellers information as you paid Ebay and not an individual seller when you paid via Ebay checkout. Only Ebay can give you that information but they may not bother as you closed their dispute and chose to go via Paypal. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ericmichaels3
Contributor
Contributor

I did open an Ebay dispute. I had no idea also opening a paypal one would close the Ebay one.  And why would Paypal not have the seller info?  They have been communicating with him for a month investigating.

But I am not asking what I should have done....I am asking, what can I do now?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.