Help - I'm being scammed

JET15
New Community Member

Case ID PP-D-127194098/Campux Portable Hot Water System.

The item did not work properly when it arrived and I reported this to Paypal. I was asked by Campux (Online appliances) to send some photograph's and a video of the faults - which I did. I sent 6 x emails and received no reply.

The goods arrived from Punchbowl, NSW, Australia (pls see photo of shipping label below) I reside in NSW, Australia.  Paypal have now advised that I need to ship the item, at my own cost, to another country - namely China. The cost of shipping the item to a different country that it came from (China) is classified by Australia International Post as a 'Zone 2 (Asia Pacific)', pls see screen shot below. As the item weighs more than 7kg's, the cost to myself (the purchaser) would be $129.00. The total cost of the faulty item was $209.00. This means, that I get a total of $80.00 for an item that was faulty on arrival. I have attached proof of the shipping docket showing that the item came from NSW, Australia. I would like to appeal the decision made by Paypal for me to ship the item to a different country of destination. This is totally unreasonable. The item was faulty on arrival. The purchaser should not have to pay any compensation, in the way of shipping costs, to the seller who sold an item that doesn't work.  Could anyone advise how I can appeal this decision by Paypal?

7:2Shipping details from Campux.jpgAustralia Post Shipping Rate to China.PNG

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JET15 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
7. Send fake tracking numbers to win item non receipt of item claims.

In the event of a dispute you choose your seller and not Paypal so you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you go ahead and buy from that seller / country.

Paypal state this >>
IMPORTANT: You may be required to return the item to the seller or other party we specify as part of the settlement of your claim. PayPal Buyer Protection does not entitle you to reimbursement for the return shipping costs that you may incur.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.