Has anybody else had Paypal steal their money?

carloshdee
Contributor
Contributor

Has anybody else had Paypal steal their money and take no responsibility for it? $500 into thin air and Paypal customer service is a disgrace!

Second time it happens in 2 years, where paypal keep any refund you're supposed to receive, they ignore you and never do anything about it.

Opened a case, after promising to solve it, they closed it on solution due date, with no solution.

Their call center is hard to reach, took 3 weeks for someone to answer, then to hangup half way. Online customer service is non-existent, completely shambles.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@carloshdee 

IF the merchant has refunded you then it AUTOMATICALLY goes back to the funding source used to pay in the first instance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

martie_davis
Contributor
Contributor

yes they stoled my money also 371.62, I am bringing legal aide  into this , I wonder how many lawsuits we can start

Login to Me Too

Phatatsxx
Contributor
Contributor

I have 5 exact unauthorized charges paid to Amazon charges over a 1 day period.  PayPal refuses to reverse the charges.  Someone used my card that I don't even have! I don't use it. Someone has my card info. I canceled tha card and they won't refund the amounts.  Use American Express! They are always on your side .  Plus you can talk to someone immediately.  I have two gold cards and one platinum card business and personal.  Never an issue.  Don't use PayPal for any auto pays, you have no chance in hell of having them help you....IF YOU CAN FIND THE PHONE NUMBER TO CALL AND GET SOMEONE TO TALK TO!!!

Login to Me Too

martie_davis
Contributor
Contributor
How to bring a lawsuit against PayPal
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.