Fraudulent payments

GigiCheryl4
Contributor
Contributor
I called PayPal to report 3 fraudulent payments from my bank account to another person or persons. I do not know these persons. PayPal said they can do nothing to get my money back. They purport to be simply a conduit between two entities. Not helpful AT ALL!
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @GigiCheryl4

Welcome to the Forum, and thank you for making your first post. I am sorry to hear that there are 3 transactions you do not recognize.

Are the transactions solely on your bank statement, or are they showing in your PayPal account as well? If there was unauthorized activity in your PayPal account, you can open a claim to resolve any changes or transactions that were made by an unauthorized party. If the transactions were on your bank account statement but not on your PayPal account, that would mean that your bank information is compromised and you would have to work directly with your bank to resolve the situation.

I hope this helps clarify!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

GigiCheryl4
Contributor
Contributor
The money is withdrawn from my bank acct and paid to unknown persons through venmo. Since PayPal owns venmo, I contacted you for help in retrieving my money. The staff at venmo was not helpful at all! The withdrawals are shown on my venmo acct and my venmo acct. They don't appear on my PayPal acct, because that wasn't used. The money went directly from venmo to the unknown persons. Please call me. I'll send my number when you reply. Thank you.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @GigiCheryl4

Welcome! Thank you for your reply. I can certainly understand your frustration here. For security reasons, we do not allow our users to input or upload their private information on this global public forum. While it is true that PayPal owns Venmo, we have two entirely different protection and dispute processes. You would need to open a dispute through Venmo's system for transactions processed through Venmo. I was able to find this in Venmo's Help Center: Opening a Dispute with Venmo.

I hope that helps, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.