Facebook ad fraudulent, product not as ordered, dispute what do I do?

suzieque1
Contributor
Contributor
Suzhou Huiqiao Culture Communication Co., Ltd advertised on Facebook a large pallet of returned products to several different companies.  Mine was through Amazon, or so I thought.  The total charged to my credit card was $47.98.  What I received was a little hand held personal humidifier in my mailbox.  In contacting Pay Pal, I received e-mails from two different men who suggested, once I return the product at my expense, they would refund 10 percent, then 15 percent, and finally 20 percent.  I did not order the humidifier, and the ad was so attractive and I thought would be a very good deal.  I got **bleep** and now we have a dispute.  If this is the way Pay Pal works, should I just eat the cost and never use their service again, or should I send the product back and be satisfied with 1/5 of what I was charged, plus shipping and handling?
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Shemar1234
Contributor
Contributor
I also had the same problem but from a different vendor on Facebook! It was for a four shelf metal unit with metal baskets! What I received was a 6 inch plastic shelf that would not even make a good child’s toy! I contacted the company a filed a complaint with PayPal! After several attempts the company offered to pay me half of the 34.98 I spent! I refused it and then they wanted me to return the piece of junk they sent me at my exspense! I refused to pay as much to send it back as what I had already paid for! PayPal denied my claim! I’m seriously considering ditching PayPal! If they can not back the products we pay for them I don’t need to be using PayPal so they can profit off of me!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@suzieque1 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item OR service
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website (or you receive a totally different product).

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. Paypal will review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

Do not close the dispute until you have a refund or your item.
If a seller states that they can't refund until you have closed the dispute don't believe them.
Escalate the dispute to a claim within 20 days (before it times out), if you need Paypal to get involved.

Activate the below link in case you have to return the item at Paypals request (or the correct one for your country as this is the U.S link).

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will issue a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

suzieque1
Contributor
Contributor

I already have several offers from the seller, only 1/5 of what was charged, and I pay the return costs, all for their mistake.  People and businesses can really be not what they seems.  I guess since I'm old, I should know better than to take a chance on something that looks too good to be true.  Thank you for the advice.

Login to Me Too

suzieque1
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your input.  I think I will go directly to my credit card company.  I have already tried to dispute this with the seller and PayPal will be off my list of go to places.  If they don't think any more of their patrons than this, I guess I don't need the headaches.  Why is it, no matter where you go, there is always someone trying to cheat you?  Thanks, again.

Login to Me Too

suzieque1
Contributor
Contributor

Okay, so PayPal won't allow a picture of the product.  It was a picture done in four pictures taken from the warehouse 

showing how the pallets were wrapped and I can't show you because of the collusion between Pay Pal and the seller.

I was told it was my last chance to order customer return pallet and only so many left and limited stock.

Thirty nine and ninety nine cents

And that little hand held humidifier was what I was sent.  Lying and cheating and stealing from the public will get them nowhere.

Login to Me Too

suzieque1
Contributor
Contributor

I'm letting my credit card company and banking institution fight this out.  CC company said if I didn't get what I ordered, I don't have to pay for it.

I cannot believe how crooked companies are who try to scam people.  I cannot believe PayPal, either.  How can there be a dispute?  Wrong product sent per advertisement.  Cut and dried.  Time will tell.  Thank you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.