FRAUD CREATED BY PAYPAL USPS TRACKING NUMBER

Pearlhr41
Contributor
Contributor

I have opened a complaint in RESOLUTION DEPARTMENT.  They claim that THE ITEM HAS BEEN DELIVERED. I went to the USPS and asked where they delivered the package based on the TRACKING NUMBER.  USPS says that the TRACKING NUMBER provided by PAYPAL IS A FAKE. It has no deliver to address and thus could never be delivered. PAYPAL claims that the supplier provided enough proof to close the RESOLUTION.  I asked PAYPAL to provide a copy of the TRACKING NUMBER that shows where PICKED_UP and where DELIVERED.  They refuse to provide the document.  USPS says that PAYPAL is required to provide this PROOF so that USPS can BACK TRACK the package to seller.  AGAIN PAYPAL refuses to provide the information.  Am I now at a point where I must file a law suit, or USPS FRAUD?

Pearlhr

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pearlhr41 

Get official documentation from USPS of their findings, get an intranet report from them if possible and pdf everything and appeal the case again. If PayPal customer service fails to budge, try opening a case with bbb.org under PayPal San Jose CA to get PayPal Office of Executive Escalations to review your transaction and provide them with the documentation, anything that would help your case. 

If that fails, and you paid with credit card, you may dispute with them instead as per section "Dispute with us or your card issuer":

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#purchase-protection

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Pearlhr41
Contributor
Contributor
Re: FRAUD CREATED BY PAYPAL USPS TRACKING NUMBER

The post office has no DOCUMENTS TO PROVIDE SINCE THE TRACKING NUMBER IS A FAKE. PAYPAL should PROVIDE ME WITH PROOF SHOWING SHIPPED FROM AND SHIPPED TO information.  AFTER ALL they DECLARED THEY HAVE PROOF OF DELIVERY.

Login to Me Too

Ridiculicious

I actually went down to my post office after talking to the 1-800 ask usps customer service. The clerk said they couldn't print out a report, and I said, that's not what the national office said. She had to "Go Ask Her Supervisor" and came back with a printed report that showed it was a fake address and not mine. If you need proof, that's the only way you can get it. Don't take no for an answer.

Login to Me Too

Pearlhr41
Contributor
Contributor

Interesting how you got a Kudo for an answer that did nothing.

Login to Me Too

maj969
New Community Member

i went to post office they gave me info the item was ordered a day before i placed my order and was a small item mine was not  i have the info  just dont how to send to pay pal 

Login to Me Too

unclejimmy1952
New Community Member

i have same problem.tracking number shows a delivery on 6/15 at 12:40 p.m. only problem i was home at that time,no package delivered,made multiple trips outside front door ,no package seen on any of those trips.i do'nt believe the item was ever sent,but seller send false information as to its laocation.fortunately not very good at u.s. zip codes yet.used wrong one for my location,and a delivery address that is'nt.

Login to Me Too

Fong2021
Contributor
Contributor
Same here. I request service on USPS and got answer is delivered to an address, but I am not receiver and not my address on the receiver. However, my case is still be denied by PayPal as I am not qualified for dispute. I feel scared to keep my money in PayPal and searched this thing happened to lots of Americans, but no one can protect us. I googled and find https://www.consumerlawfirm.com/paypal-neglects-fraud-victims/, and will try to fight to this fraud with legal team.
Login to Me Too

ldervin70
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the link.

I will contact the laywer's firm to review my case.

I think what Paypal needs and deserve is a class action lawsuit to get them to change their deceptive practices.

Too many people are being scammed without recourse through paypal orders.

Individuals are left powerless, but if enough people get together, it will interest a good laywer's firm.

Login to Me Too

Fong2021
Contributor
Contributor
My case finally in my favor. PayPal did contact the seller and maybe seller failed to provide shipping details. I did complain to enforcement of USPS with that tracking number, and finally got an email to clearly describe that tracking number didn’t deliver to me. I did call the legal office and they called me back to ask me to wait for final decision from PayPal and keep all of evidences for case. Keep fighting if you know you are scammed. This will help lots of other people in the same situation.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.