Extortion/blackmail refund

WilliamBilson
Contributor
Contributor

Last night I was blackmailed for 700 dollars, leaving 9 dollars in my bank account. The perpetrator threatened to send an explicit video of me which they proved they have, to all of my friends and family on facebook which they proved they could do. If I request a refund for this I assume the perpetrator will see a refund request and will then send that video to everyone. Is there a way to get my extorted money back without the perpetrator being notified by PayPal? Please help me, I have no more money!!!

Login to Me Too
31 REPLIES 31

Temp20230506z
Contributor
Contributor
Hey do you have any recommendations
Login to Me Too

Sensen333
Contributor
Contributor
There's a blackmail crime ring in Philippines currently. My best advices to all of you who are struggling is don't send anything. Instantly block them, ignore their messages and cut of all contacts. Put a story or a message on your social media accounts saying that your phone/device was hacked and they are creating fake videos of you to blackmail you. (Deepfake) They won't actually send the images/videos but if they do, you'd have an excuse. They would likely move on to their next victim. Don't be scared just because they TYPE IN ALL CAPS. Don't panic, just live on with your life as if nothing happens and I promise you nothing will happen. Tldr: Block all contacts, ignore all messages, don't pay them anything. Make a story on your social saying your device was hacked.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.