Ebay item lost by Royal Mail

alboy12
Contributor
Contributor

Can anyone offer any sound advice for my situation.

I purchased a used mobile phone from a seller on eBay for around £588, the seller has great feedback and communication was excellent.

They posted the phone and the tracking details say that its been delivered and signed for. The problem is its not been delivered to my me or my house nor has it been left in a hedge or with neighbours. Its missing.

I spoke with the bay seller and he has sent all of his proof of postage etc.

I gave it a few days and still nothing so I had to open dispute which was closed by eBay in the sellers favour because it is being shown as delivered and signed for. 

I have spoken to eBay and in all fairness they have been very good and explained that I need to speak to Royal Mail. I have done this and after a week RM have confirmed it looks as though it has vanished or delivered to the wrong address or whatever and they have given me a reference number that the seller can use to make a claim.

Ebay said they will refund me if I have hard evidence from RM that the item is missing and they will not just accept the RM claim reference number tehyneed something it writing, an email etc which I am waiting for.

I have forward the ref number to the seller which he has confirmed and has started a claim but unwilling to issue a refund as eBay apparently has old him not to do.

How long do these mails take to come through from RM?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@alboy12 

Sorry but what does this have to do with paypal?

Ebay and Royal Mail are 2 completely separate companies.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.