Do PAYPAL loopholes permit fraud?

Temp202030809x
Contributor
Contributor

WARNING: PAYPAL does not allow the investigation of payments to individuals, even if the purchase was made from a business. Beware HEATSTICKS USA. I made a purchase from this business. It requested payment be made via Paypal to an individual, [removed]. Phony tracking USPS tracking number was sent to me. And the products I bought were never received. Also, the business website was taken down. Paypal will not permit an investigation of this fraudulent activity because the payment was made to a person and not to a business. This is the third time in a year this has happened to me and it will be the last. I want to warn this community that Paypal's rules invite this kind of fraudulent activity. I am done with Paypal. I would participate in a class action lawsuit against Paypal for permitting this kind of fraud. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp202030809x 

You can file a dispute against anyone business OR individual as long as you pay via the goods/services option.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp202030809x 

You can file a dispute against anyone business OR individual as long as you pay via the goods/services option.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.