Dispute won after refund was taken back. Not gotten the refund.

Omoby
New Community Member

On April 19th, I raised a dispute regarding a canceled service with PayPal. They promptly responded by issuing a temporary refund of $80 on the same day. They assured me that if the dispute didn't resolve in my favor, the refunded amount would be reclaimed, with prior notification. However, to my surprise, on April 22nd, PayPal reversed the refund.

Today, April 29th, I received notification that the dispute was resolved in my favor, and the initial refund from April 19th is now permanent. Yet, the money had already been debited on April 22nd. It's perplexing to receive a winning notification after the refund had been retracted. I'm unsure how to proceed to retrieve the funds.

Reviewing my statement, I notice two transactions: one for the initial refund and another for the reversal. Despite the reversal, I received an email confirming my victory in the dispute, making the initial refund permanent. However, the refunded amount was already retracted on April 22nd. I've also checked my credit card statement, where the original payment was made, but found no trace of the refunded amount.

How can I address this discrepancy and ensure I receive the rightful refund?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.