Dispute closed without investigation

MagneticPortal
Contributor
Contributor

https://ca.trustpilot.com/review/sb7mobile.com  would be a good place to start looking for additional unauthorized charges having been reported.
It took Paypal all of five minutes to respond to my complaint of a mystery charge appearing in my account.  I never agreed to any recurring weekly charge of $8.99 for "content" from SB7 Mobile.  I never received any purchase confirmations from anyone for the dates indicated by paypal.  No emails ever from SB7 Mobile.  To either of my email addresses. 

Paypal did not look any further than their own records to investigate the charge and determine it to have been authorized.  As a result, I have removed all funding sources from Paypal, and am rather inclined just to delete my account, if Paypal is going to default to siding with criminals.

I am not alone in complaining about fake billing by SB7 Mobile.  But when I click on the help entry for reopening a closed case, Paypal very cutely shows a "page not found"  result.  Not only did they refuse to look into it properly in the first place, they have no intention of discussing it further.  I don't really care about the $8.99 as I discovered the charge had occurred when Paypal asked for an alternative funding source to cover the second weekly recurring charge.  Had I not noticed so early, I would be more concerned.  They were discovered quickly because my bank account was empty when they tried billing me.  Not everyone is so fortunate to discover the charges early.  Paypal is doing nothing to stop this, and refuses to consider it a problem for them.  It just lost Paypal the trust of this client.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Jake202
Contributor
Contributor

I totally understand your statement, I have also gotten into a similar backstab, Paypal just isn't there to help after many years of service and fees they taken from me

Login to Me Too

CantNadian
Contributor
Contributor

I can't even close my account because I never paid the charges, because I never subscribed or approved of them. I also can't because it say it's still an open case even though they already closed it. So should I just spend $70+ just to close it?

Login to Me Too

Chipulipstic60
Contributor
Contributor
No do not give those criminals money .
Login to Me Too

Chipulipstic60
Contributor
Contributor
I have been scammed by SB7 mobile limited for £5.99. I did not sign or click anything or authorise this payment. An investigation needs to be reopened by PayPal to stop this happening and refund monies taken. SB7 mobile is related to some gambling type thing. I definitely did not authorise access.
Login to Me Too

Chipulipstic60
Contributor
Contributor
I have been scammed by these criminals SB7 mobile Ltd. I have alerted my bank and PayPal will now be aware that they are scammers and need to tighten their online security to stop them hacking in.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.