Dispute closed by PayPal. Unable to create new dispute due to transaction having "an open dispute"

AdamKrigholm
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

Yesterday I got an email notifying me of a new transaction. I did not recognize it so I logged in and realized WeightWatchers had charged me for a membership that I had cancelled a long time ago.

I filed a dispute with PayPal and the next day PayPal closed the dispute without any interaction with me what so ever.

I think PayPal needs more info (like a proof of me cancelling the subscription - which I actually have) but I am unable to add extra info to the claim due to it being closed.

I can't find any way to appeal the decision.

I can't find any way to add extra info.

I can't find any way to reopen the dispute.

I can't file a new dispute due to the transaction already has "an open dispute". That is closed. An open dispute that is closed. Go figure.

What is my next step? Any help is appreciated!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AdamKrigholm 

Did you cancel it here >>>

Check if you had a subscription set up.
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

AdamKrigholm
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @kernowlass 

Thank you for your answer.

You were right, I did not cancel the preapproved subscription payment.

I only cancelled by contacting the vendor.

I am now aware that apparently I had to cancel both to the vendor and to Paypal. Go figure 😕

Thank you again for the assistance!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.