Dispute Closed Without Refund - I Provided All Requested Documentation

snew61
Contributor
Contributor

I started a Paypal dispute process that was rejected and closed by Paypal who found that the proof of return I provided was invalid. Here are the facts:

• I ordered and payed $52.61 AUD for two items from an Aliexpress seller
  • I received an incorrect item valued at about $2.50 AUD
  • I start a dispute with Aliexpress and provided all the requested documentation
  • Aliexpress rejected the dispute due to insufficient proof
  • I start a dispute with Paypal
  • I provided all requested documentation to Paypal
  • Under instruction from Paypal, I pay another $17.75 AUD in postage and about $1.59 AUD for a tracked package to return the $2.50 incorrect item to the seller
  • I provided Paypal with requested tracking information before the requested date
  • I have now paid $71.95 AUD, wasted over an hour of my time and I have absolutely nothing to show for it!
  • The tracking information shows the package as out for delivery in China for over 2 weeks, another failure out of my control
  • And now Paypal has rejected my claim... what the hell is going on here? 

I want to appeal the case but I can not seem to do that via Paypal's portal that has the case marked as closed.

I thought Paypal was supposed to protect me, not result in me losing even more money and time? 

I have done everything requested by both Aliexpress and Paypal and I have come out of this looking like a fool.

When I returned the incorrect item my gut told me that I was just flushing more cash but my head said Paypal undertook to issue a refund if I returned the incorrect item and provided tracking information, which I did within the required timeframe. 

I am really annoyed (to put it lightly) by Paypal who promised big but have yet to deliver. It has now become a matter of principle.

What can I do to resolve this issue? 
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@snew61 

Appeal?

https://www.paypal.com/cshelp/article/how-do-i-contact-paypal-customer-service--HELP378

or

if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer for a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.