Dedebell or ttbubble UK or Landbase Trading Company UK Bucks. - bad company reviews

Kentish-girl

Hi - familiar story - ordered from a company without thoroughly checking it. It appeared to be based in the UK. First sign of trouble was on day of order when my Paypal account processed the payment and it was more than the Invoice amount. I immediately cancelled the order....or tried to. Company claimed it had already been packaged up and left the warehouse. I knew that must be a lie but could not prove it. I have contacted Paypal and they are now waiting for a reply from this company - however when reading reviews (all bad) for the company I saw one that said Paypal was unable to refund the money. I honestly cannot afford to lose over £60 and am now really stressed out. Does anyone know if there are genuine reasons why Paypal cannot refund the money - the goods have not arrived and reading reviews this is normal. I only ever use Paypal because I trusted it to protect my money but now I am really concerned. I appreciate I should have looked at reviews first but I did look online and the company appeared genuine. There is a registered address here in UK under the name of LANDBASE TRADING COMPANY UK. based in Buckinghamshire so all appeared to be legit. Will Paypal be able to refund me my money do you think?

Login to Me Too
26 REPLIES 26

PayPal_Celeste

Hi there @Kentish-girl,

Thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear about this trouble, that sounds like it has been frustrating. As a payment processor, PayPal is unable to force a refund on behalf of the seller. If there's an issue with the order, like if you have not received it yet or you've received the wrong order, you can dispute the transaction. Here's a great Help Center article with steps on How to File a Dispute. I hope this can be resolved soon!

Thanks,

- Celeste 

Login to Me Too

Ruthie2021
Contributor
Contributor

I also raised a query with Paypal about the Company Nasekak.com from whom I purchased a pair of boots.  When the transaction went through my paypal account the money went to Justen Trading Company Ltd and the amount taken was greater than the purchase price by £5.56 which is what I was initially querying.  I did get a response from the support email of Naskekak.com a couple of words "that may refer to tax".  As I believed I was purchasing the boots from a company based within the UK this came as a surprise.  I advised the company to put the order on hold until this was resolved but the same day I received an email from the shipping email for <removed> advising me the package was being despatched from New Orleans.

The boots were advertised as being made in leather but when they arrived they are clearly made of "other materials".  They boots arrived in a poorly wrapped plastic bag (no shoe box) with a little note with the support email for <removed> to contact with queries.  I emailed to request a return address as I want a refund.  They emailed back asking what the problem is and I said "the boots are not what I expected and I don't like them".  They have now stopped communicating.  

Paypay reviewed the case of the additional charge and advised me the following "We have reviewed all the details of your claim. Based on the information we have to date, we have to deny your claim. This decision was made because the difference in the amount charged is due to additional fees, postage charges or currency conversion rates".  Not very helpful in clarifying the reason.  I went back to them with additional information stating that I had purchased from Nasekak.com but the payment had been taken by Justen Trading Company Ltd and that I was not advised of the additional charge taken and the company were not being transparent.  Paypay responded a few weeks later "We have reviewed all the details of your claim and have to deny your claim. This decision was made because the difference in the amount charged is due to additional fees, postage charges or currency conversion rates.  The case is now closed".  I am surprised at myself for purchasing from Nasekak as I am usually very careful and won't purchase through advertising on Facebook again.  Someone in this chain of chats has pointed out the postcode given on Nasekak's website is for a service station, surely this should raise alarm bells with Paypal for them to stop Nasekak (or Justen Trading Company Ltd) whoever they are making transactions through their company.  PAYPAL, you need to take notice of what is going on here.  A company that is pretending to trade as if they are based in the UK using more than one company name and who are clearly NOT based in the UK, is not a transparent way of trading which is what I would hope you expect from traders using your service.

Login to Me Too

shire-lass
Contributor
Contributor

Like Kentish-girl I checked out this company online though not as well as I should have obviously, placed order and paid through paypal, I too noticed the payment was more than the invoice but did nothing about it. My order did arrive however, one pair of sandals was not the size I ordered, at least 2 sizes bigger, and poorly finished as were the other pair only worse. I contacted company and reported the problem, they haven't as yet commented on the poor workmanship but the shoes are the size I ordered. I have taken photos of the shoes (both pairs together) which clearly show that the shoes are not the same size. I have requested a return address for the shoes and a full refund but they have now stopped replying to my emails. I haven't as yes tried calling the phone number but that is next. I was going to to see what paypal said about it but that maybe a waste of time.

I think if Paypal are getting  more than one or two customers asking for refunds from this company perhaps there is a way for them to flag the company up when an order is placed with them and payment is through paypal to at least warn folk that it is not a reliable company.

Login to Me Too

etwhoopsie
Contributor
Contributor

Had the same problem as other prospective buyers.  Sandals not as described. Fake advertising. Fraudulent taking of extra payment.  Total scam to sell shoddy goods.  I have returned mine to UK address. Will wait to see if refund processed.... Can only hope! Surely we should all have buyer protection when this company is obviously defrauding people!

Login to Me Too

shire-lass
Contributor
Contributor

After numerous emails to and from the company where they offered me £5 as "compensation" but still not admitting they had sent the wrong size, I did complain through Paypal and was given an address in China to return the items to receive a full refund. Checked out the address on Google and could find nothing that gave the whole address, I again contacted Paypal and having explained my concerns that if I returned the items at a cost of approx £20 the company would say that they had never received them and refuse the refund thereby leaving me  £60 out of pocket, Paypal then refunded me in full which I was not expecting but very delighted with. I then sent another email to the company again explaining my concerns about returning the items to an address in China I then offered to return them to the director who has an address in Cambridge I haven't as yet heard back from them!! I had also contacted a consumer rights group who would have looked into it but I am also going to contact trading standards and I think if we all did that then maybe they will be investigated.....

Login to Me Too

Marmalade2-2021
Contributor
Contributor
I had the same problem but you were luckier than I was as when I appealed to PayPal they wouldn’t refund because the company had told me to return the shoddy shoes they sent me back to them for refund - in China!! I tried to explain that sending shoes to China would be very expensive unless I paid tracking ( as you say, if I didn’t company would just deny receiving them) Even though their own terms & conditions in their website stated they would pay shipping for faulty items ( which mine were) they refused to honour it and said I had to return shoes first. I didn’t trust I’d get my money back. One of the rare emails I got from them told me to ‘calm down madam’. Shame on PayPal not refunding me. £30 shoes went in the bin. Utter waste of money. 😣
Login to Me Too

Marmalade2-2021
Contributor
Contributor
Which uk address did you return to, as the one given as Beaconsfield, I google mapped and it’s a motorway service station. The full address doesn’t exist.
Login to Me Too

Hilly73
New Community Member

I too feel upset about the order I have made. The sandels took months to arrive and I ordered a 5 and the size sent must be at least an 8. The company have ceased to answer my e mails now. I saw the ad on Facebook and those reviews looked good, obviously scammed. I have not tried to get a refund from PayPal - too much hassle. I will just try to sell them and recoup some of the money. 

Login to Me Too

Marmalade2-2021
Contributor
Contributor
I actually came here from one of their PayPal ads. If you look at the profiles of the people who are showing photos of their‘beautiful purchases’, those profiles are fake. One of them had actually used the photo of a model on my friends list who I recognised straight away! She has reported theft of her copyright by Landtrading.Ltd to Facebook Facebook have a duty to check out the companies buying their sponsored ads, as too many people think that means they have been verified by fb which is not the case. A lot of fraudulent companies have made a lot of money this way. Facebook needs to take responsibility for its users, and check these companies are legit, but they don’t care.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.