Continually receiving email notification, "New Login To PayPal"

tbrobison
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Lately, as in the past month or so, I've been receiving automated emails from PayPal about, New Login To PayPal.  The email says it "noticed a new login with your PayPal account associated with "my email address" from a device we don't recognize.  Desktop Chrome Windows 10 NT 10.0".  It then show a date/time of the event, and a state I don't live in.  It goes on to state that if this wasn't me, I should change my password immediately, which I've done, and review your account, which I did (nothing out of order).

The interesting thing is, is that I don't use Chrome, and I don't have Windows 10 NT (Mac user here).

I do use a VPN service, and I do have Banktivity software that pulls PayPal account info into is register/file.

It's pretty annoying getting these all the time (daily).  I use 14-15 character long passwords, generated by my password manager.  This is annoying, but also a bit frightening if it actually is a hacker trying to gain entrance to my account.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

EXKonen5
Contributor
Contributor

I've been getting daily emails since 05/26. Reached out to customer service and thus far they haven't been able to provide a good response. We'll see how many times I get transferred around until someone actually listens to me about this issue. Definitely not alone. I've seen many other threads.

Login to Me Too

Barb1956
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue.  I contacted customer service, which was a tremendous hurdle as well and they could not even understand the problem.  They kept giving me information about how to report an unauthorized transaction.  Nothing has been changed on my account and there are no unauthorized transactions.  I have changed my password to a 20 character random password three times the the last two weeks.

I have determined this is a PayPal problem.  Every time I get the email I am forwarding it to (removed) three times.  This email is spoof or spam or whatever, it just is coming from PayPal.  I am getting so angry about that

Login to Me Too

emack56
Contributor
Contributor

New Login to PayPal

This is the email I keep receiving. "We noticed a new login with your PayPal account from a device we don't recognize". I have changed my password twice but the emails keep coming. I've contacted PayPal but they don't seem to understand what I am asking. All I want to know is how to stop receiving these emails. My account is fine! Thanks for any information you can provide.

New Login to PayPal

Login to Me Too

Jacque1962

The problem is with PayPal's relatively new 2-step verification process and updates in Windows 10.  Paypal will use 2 step verification to verify your login one way or another.  If you choose not to set up the 2-step texting verification, where you are sent a code to sign in, you will get an email, which suffices as the second step.  So to turn off the emails, turn on 2-step verification in your account settings.  You have to decide if you always have your phone with you when you access paypal, then I'd say take advantage of the 2-step using the code.  If you're someone who doesn't always have a phone with them, when they need to sign into paypal, then I'd just stick with the email notifications.

Login to Me Too

tbrobison
Contributor
Contributor

I am pretty convinced that these emails are definitely related to the app I use called, Banktivity.  The times noted in the automated emails correlate pretty much with times that Banktivity is active and pulling info/data from my PayPal account.  Also, it may have something to do with the VPN service I use, but I'm not so convinced as I am with Banktivity.

Bottom line is that these emails are annoying, but I'm not afraid that my PayPal account is being hacked anymore.

Login to Me Too

Jacquemw

The problem is with PayPal's relatively new 2-step verification process and updates in Windows 10.  Paypal will use 2 step verification to verify your login one way or another.  If you choose not to set up the 2-step texting verification, where you are sent a code to sign in, you will get an email, which suffices as the second step.  So to turn off the emails, turn on 2-step verification in your account setttings.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.