Communication Help with PayPal regarding details of a Dispute

wejosh
Contributor
Contributor

I have tried to do due diligence when purchasing goods online, but it seems harder and harder to get it right.  I guess I will stop purchasing from small business online.  I order some metal lawn art for $110.  The company said it has warehouses in US, England and Australia and would ship from the nearest place.  100% satisfaction guaranteed.  It took a long time to get the goods, however they responded to my email enquiries regularly.  When the materials came, it was a joke, no where near as described and not usable in any way as lawn art or anything else.  I contact them to ask for my money back as they were a scam, they offered two different discounts if I would keep the goods.  IT IS not a usable product!

They then said they would refund fully if I sent to a address in China.  This is the address: 

<removed>

How do I put that in DHL exactly? 

I filed a dispute with Pay Pal and got the same response with an address in Chinese?  How am I supposed to ship to that address?

How do I get PayPal to pay attention to what I am telling them and understand this is a scam.  If I try to return the items, which shipped from a PO Box in California according to the package, it will never get there and I will never receive a refund.   Any thoughts would be helpful, I am tired of getting scammed!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@wejosh 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

Paypal would not be able to check every individual seller / merchant / company in over 200 countries worldwide that adds paypal to their website to accept payments.

So they give you 'some' buyer protection but the onus is on you to risk assess your transactions.

They do stop bad companies from using Paypal when enough claims start rolling in.
However as they are in China (mostly) then its easy for them to just start over with a new name, so stopping them does not really do anything.

The best thing is to not buy from them in the first place, to recognise them -

1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
7. Send fake tracking numbers to win item non receipt of item claims.

ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM AND THEN PAYPAL WILL GIVE YOU THE ENGLISH RETURN ADDRESS IF YOU WIN THE CLAIM?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@wejosh 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

Paypal would not be able to check every individual seller / merchant / company in over 200 countries worldwide that adds paypal to their website to accept payments.

So they give you 'some' buyer protection but the onus is on you to risk assess your transactions.

They do stop bad companies from using Paypal when enough claims start rolling in.
However as they are in China (mostly) then its easy for them to just start over with a new name, so stopping them does not really do anything.

The best thing is to not buy from them in the first place, to recognise them -

1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
7. Send fake tracking numbers to win item non receipt of item claims.

ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM AND THEN PAYPAL WILL GIVE YOU THE ENGLISH RETURN ADDRESS IF YOU WIN THE CLAIM?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Joy

Hi @wejosh,

Along with the information that @kernowlass has provided, if you were instructed by PayPal to return the items in order to receive a full refund, you will need to return them to the address provided by PayPal. If the address is in another language, please reach out to PayPal to let them know and they can get it translated for you. 

I suggest contacting our Customer Support by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal website page to view available options. You can also reach out by sending us a private message on Facebook or a direct message on Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Joy
If you have found any post within the Community to be helpful, please leave a Kudos or Accept it as a Solution.
Login to Me Too

wejosh
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you, that is part of the issue. The address the provided for the return before contacting PayPal was not valid, and the one provided in the dispute is in Chinese. I tried to Google a translation, but one was not available.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Joy

@wejosh,

As mentioned, since the address within the dispute is in another language, you will need to reach out to PayPal in order to have the address translated. Once PayPal has translated the address, you will receive an email with the translated address in order to return the item/items.

Joy
If you have found any post within the Community to be helpful, please leave a Kudos or Accept it as a Solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.