Changing Dispute

faithbarlow234
Contributor
Contributor
Help! I filed a claim in the resolution center and escalated the claim. The original claim type was item not received, I have since received the item but I want to change the type to not what I ordered. I cannot find the button to change the type. What should I do?
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@faithbarlow234 

Since you escalated the case, that button is no longer available. Reach out to customer service to change case:

1. https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/contact-us
  2. Click Disputes and account limitations.
  3. Click Disputes.
  4. Click Dispute a payment.
  5. Click Call Us, or Message Us after “This information might help” box.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

faithbarlow234
Contributor
Contributor
It’s saying that I already filed it and it’s not helping me to change it to not as described. Any other suggestions?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@faithbarlow234 

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

retrocolnago
New Community Member

You CAN change a dispute type, for instance from "item not received" to "Item significantly not as described". There is a button at the bottom of the case normally to do this.

If the case has already been escalated, you will need to contact paypal (by phone is best) and they can reset the dispute.

This is possible for eBay and non-eBay transactions.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.