Can't do anything with Paypal account

WASDQE

Let's start with my situation before Paypal decides to **bleep** on me.

My paypal account have credit card linked to it. I pay online on third party websites by choosing Paypal option. Everything running smoothly.

Today, I have to make a payment directly through Paypal.

Set up payment, easy enough. Paypal failed the transaction for some reason. Tried multiple times, same result. Error hints at problem with bank of credit card.

Called customer service of bank credit card. Turns out I need bank's approval for overseas transaction. Easy enough. Got approval for the day.

Tried some time after waiting for whatever systems and permissions that needs to be updated. Same result. WTF.

Need to make the payment, so I opted link my bank account.

Went through the process of linking bank to Paypal. Had to fish out personal documents to confirm identity. Annoyed but hopeful that I can make the payment.

Got confirmation email. Log back in Paypal. Can't do anything. Actually **bleep**. Felt like Paypal stole my data.

Decided to remove credit card and reapply it again. Credit card now has warning sign and a confirm link on it.

Went through confirming process. Process ended with an error. Error tells me I need to confirm my card before confirming my card. You tell me how that works.

Called bank about the problem. They said that there is no problem with the card and the overseas permission is still in effect. Tried to investigate more but the agent just keep looping between the credit card and asking Paypal about it.

Set up a chat message with Paypal customer service agent. They reply saying the credit card problem is on the side of the bank. I explained that the bank said that there is no problem with the credit card and that Paypal is the one with the "confirm my card before confirming my card" schitck. Agent checked around and said the confirmation error is due to the bank's side. Ended the conversation wishing I can just pit the Bank agent against the Paypal agent in a pointing match.

Looked around the paypal UI. Noticed that I can transfer money to Paypal from another bank that I happen to have an account with. Thought that Paypal has some exclusivity with the bank that the first bank don't have. Hopeful and decided to link the second bank. Can't do any thing.

This TOOK ALL DAY. I went through this all day. Not to mention that I have to login to paypal multiple times; each time requiring the goddamn authentication code that I have to fish out from my phone.

So now I am here. I have no expectation that any of you can solve it. I just want to see you try to make sense of it.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.