Can I trust PayPal to reverse $12,000 in bogus charges by "Apple Services" since 2019?

grumpy_bear_669
Contributor
Contributor

I just got charged a bogus charge by "Apple Services". Their profile is obviously fake, they're pretending to be Apple Computer. PayPal is reporting total payments to them of $12K since 2019. Will I get all of that refunded? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@grumpy_bear_669 

Only the claim department of Paypal customer services can answer that question.

Without knowing any of the details any comments on here would be guesses.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@grumpy_bear_669 

Only the claim department of Paypal customer services can answer that question.

Without knowing any of the details any comments on here would be guesses.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

grumpy_bear_669
Contributor
Contributor

ok, thanks. I was hoping someone with prior experience knew. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @grumpy_bear_669,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting! Thanks @kernowlass.

I understand your concern about unauthorized transactions. I am sorry for what happened, and I know it is unacceptable. Please be informed that once you have reported the unauthorized activity via your PayPal account, our concern team will investigate the case and get back to you with an update about the case via email/ Resolution Center. I would suggest you to wait and keep an eye on the notification box. If you would like to know the status of the case, please reach out to our PayPal Customer Support team through the available contact options on our website. Support is also available through Facebook private messages or Twitter direct messages. 

Regards,

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

grumpy_bear_669
Contributor
Contributor

Ah, Facebook message. Ok, did that. Sent an image with the Billing ID that way.

As a side note, I'm a software engineer with experience in cyber security. It seems like you guys need a review tool so you can catch anyone pretending to be any company in the fortune 500 before they run up fraudulent charges and **bleep** off legitimate folks. Let me know if you need me to build it for you; we'll work something out. I can probably build the first version with just information on your data store and schema.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.