CHARGEBACK SCAM

Holla2021
Contributor
Contributor

Hey guys i've found someone on the internet that he told me he can recover my stolen crypto, but he want me to pay $200 upfront to start recovering my stolen crypto, if ill pay him using paypal am safe in case he don't recover them or he is ghosted with my $200? 

What's is going on in a case i pay him using paypal and then he run away? 

What if he will withdraw the $200 and then remove his credit card, how ill be able to qualify for charge back?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Justin1

Hi @Holla2021

This definitely sounds like it's been a difficult situation. If you haven't already sent the money, I recommend that you don't send this money. Even if you are eligible for PayPal's Buyer Protection, I wouldn't want you to send anything to someone who may not have good intentions. What you've described sounds like it could be someone who is attempting to take advantage of you in a time where you are having a challenging experience. If you have sent the money, I recommend that you reach out to Customer Support to see what options you have. You would be able to reach out to Customer Support by clicking "Contact" at the bottom of any PayPal page. 

I hope this helps, 

-Justin

If you find this post helpful, consider making our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.