Buyer lied about my item being counterfeit/fake, paypal wants to refund him Please help

amadej-ami
Contributor
Contributor

I sold a moncler maya jacket on depop which was 100% authentic, I showed the buyer proof of this and he agreed it's authentic. When he recieved it however, he told me the jacket is a replica and he wants a refund. He showed me "proof", which was pictures of a replica of my jacket which he already had before buying mine. He got proof from Moncler that his jacket was fake, however it was an entirely different jacket from china which was not the one I sold him. He opened a case on paypal and for some reason PayPal decided to refund him and have him send my jacket back? So on top of all of this he is most likely sending his fake jacket to me instead of the one I sold. 

I am very upset with paypal, is there any way to contact them about this? I no longer have an option to respond to the dispute. All I can do is confirm I recieved the jacket back. And what do you recommend I do in this situation? Very unprofessional from PayPal. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@amadej-ami 

In the event of an item received but not as described dispute it is always one persons word against another.

You said you sent a genuine item and the buyer states it was fake and provided proof.

Paypal never sees the item in question and so has to make a judgement call and sadly there is always someone that will lose out.

If you have a small claims court or similar in your country and you have enough proof + the buyer is not international then maybe consider that route?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

amadej-ami
Contributor
Contributor

Wow, thats very disappointing. Their loss cause I'm definitely not paying for the negative balance lol

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.