Bought a fake item from buyee.jp

fira94
Contributor
Contributor

Recently bought an item from an auction on buyee.jp, a 3rd party proxy website that handles the item transactions. I decided to sell the item on grailed.com which is a prominent company in identifying fake item on their listing. I have put a listing of the item on grailed, and a few hours later they I received an email saying that the item is a replica and cannot be sold through grailed due to their zero tolerance policy on fake item. Now I want to dispute a claim for unauthentic item or "item not as describe" via paypal. Can I use the email evidence from grailed saying that the item is indeed a fake and how likely am I able to get a refund? 

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_RachelK

Hi @fira94,

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry to hear you have received a possible counterfeit item. I would suggest you open a Significantly Not As Described dispute, and PayPal can investigate this. To open one, simply follow the steps here.

I hope this helps!

- Rachel 

Login to Me Too

fira94
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Rachel,

Thank you for the reply, I will definitely try to open a dispute here. However, I have been made aware that I have to provide some proofs to say that the item is indeed unauthentic. I have an email from an authorised 3rd party reseller company (grailed) saying that the item is indeed unauthentic. Can I use this as your "proof of certificate"?

Also, the item is currently on custom and I have to pay the hefty fees for a fake item.. I no longer want the item since it is fake. Whats the best way to proceed from here since I no longer want the item? (1) Pay the custom and claim for unauthenticity or (2) Not paying the custom and claim for item not received?

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.