Beware of Scam by FedEx Employees!!!

MsNickie21
Contributor
Contributor

I just wanted to let people know that FedEx employees are scamming customers by stealing packages and then logging the packages in the system as if the customers received them or reporting them as lost. Therefore, the customer will request a refund from the retailer or from their bank. Or if the customer used PayPal, then PayPal will refund the money for an item you paid for and never even received. Over the last several months, I have had several missing packages and most recently damaged merchandise from FedEx. This seems to be more prevalent with packages that have items worth more money such as cell phones, computers, designer clothing, etc. I recently had my brand new laptop stolen by a FedEx employee. When my package did not show up on time or even the next day, I filed a complaint with FedEx. A couple of days after I filed the complaint, a FedEx driver delivers my laptop. I noticed that the box had been opened. When I tried to use the computer, the hard drive had been damaged so it was difficult to work on it and the sound system was all messed up. I have contacted FedEx several times demanding answers, but no one will listen or respond to my messages.

Moving forward, please try to only order from online companies that use other shipping carriers such as DHL, UPS, or the USPS. As customers, we do not always have the option of choosing who ships us our orders, but some sites do allow customers to choose USPS priority shipping or shipping the item overnight or within 2 days. Please be safe and aware at all times. This would be a good time for people to invest in doorbell cameras if it is affordable to them. FedEx has been a total nightmare. They are a horrible company that does not care about customers and chooses to employ sick criminals. I wish that more could be done because criminals need to be in jail, not out on the street violating more people. However, no one is taking my complaint seriously or they just do not believe me. I just thought I would get the word out. Take care and be safe. XOXO

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Ritaclayton12
New Community Member
I too have had this issue exclusively with fed ex. I started to notice that all of my meal delivery and home furnishing packages were being marked "handed to resident" when I was actually at work. Unless it was delivered to my cat, a resident did not receive it. I also noticed that my video cameras were knocked offline, conveniently, every time this occurred. When I call fed ex to complain, it appears the customer service rep only speaks enough of the customers language to respond with a scripted intervention as opposed to fully understanding the issue you are trying to communicate. I have reported this issue to the vendors this affects as well, but they just refund my money and assume I'm full of crap.
Login to Me Too

larwilli
Contributor
Contributor

I don't know where you live, but I'm in Oklahoma and have had the same problem. 6 packages have come up missing in the last 2 months. Every one of them says that the driver left them at the front door. I have been told by one retailer that I am about to be BANNED from ordering due to too many lost packages. The FedEx service is so bad in my area that there is a Facebook group dedicated to lost/missing packages in my area. FedEx doesn't care. Every instance is "resolved" by a rep telling me that my order "was delivered." No help whatsoever. They don't care that evidence proves otherwise. I am convinced an employee is involved.

Login to Me Too

Temp20210810b
New Community Member

I just had a package stolen by FedEx. Package delivery to my home has only recently become a problem (also issues with USPS and UPS). They claim a package was delivered to my home and left on the porch. I work from home and can see both my porch, and when someone approaches my house. I filed a claim. They said they “had the driver retrace his delivery, and he delivered it to the correct address”. I know this is a lie since I was here. Now they say they are going to check his GPS of deliveries for the day. I know how that is going to turn out since they seem to be taking his side. The item I purchased was a designer bag from overseas. I have tried contacting the seller as well to file a claim, since FedEx says a claim has to come from the shipper, but they are ignoring my emails. So, unfortunately for me I am out several hundred dollars. If anyone has a suggestion as to what else I can to get some resolution or satisfaction I’m open to suggestions.

Login to Me Too

jclo
Contributor
Contributor
This just happened to me in Austin Texas, we have lockers that the FedEx drivers are supposed to deliver packages to, the driver said he left it in a locker but couldn’t remember which one, so we opened all the lockers, when it wasn’t there he said he “must have” delivered it to my doorstep and someone took it. $300 shoes gone and FedEx will not help because I’m not the shipper.
Login to Me Too

mbnyc212
New Community Member

Actually had the same thing happen more than once from FedEx but also UPS.

Where the driver claims they dropped of the package but instead they steal it- once I ordered an iPad Pro from Best Buy and the Fedex driver tore open the box, took the item and left the empty box. Called Best Buy and they sent another iPad Pro... this one, the box wasn't even delivered! Called Best Buy, and they said there was nothing they could do AND I was on the line for the  ~$1,200.

FedEx and UPS drivers steal your stuff, USPS loses it (Hate USPS the most).

Don't know what other options we have but to go backwards and start shopping in brick-and-mortar retail stores again?...

Login to Me Too

Leowrite
New Community Member
Just had this happen . Received alert via email that packages was delivered at 12:30 PM, opened apt door and nothing. Contacted FedEx who insisted it was delivered and to my address. I reported it as stolen and included the FedEx driver as complicit- at 11 pm I heard them put the package at my door again and I opened it immediately as I heard them running down the hallway to exit the building . FedEx is trash
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.