Ask for my cancellation number when requesting for a refund

DORTMAN20
New Community Member
I was trying to ask for a refund for the $250 I sent as goods and services to one of my client, then I was told to provide a cancellation number but unfortunately I don’t know what does that really mean, pls what’s cancellation number when requesting for a refund on PayPal
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @DORTMAN20,

welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I understand your concern about requesting a refund from the merchant. Based on the information you provided, it sounds like you may be disputing the charge. If this is the case, the cancellation number would be the number provided by the merchant when you cancelled your service with them. If you don't have this information, I would advise disputing the charge with the reason that applies to the situation.

Also, if you haven't already canceled the subscription, you can do that with the help of this Help Center Article here. If the merchant is referring to PayPal cancellation number, that would be closed case ID. If you need any help, please reach out to our customer support team through the available contact options on our website. Support is also available through Facebook private messages or Twitter direct messages. 

Regards,

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.