Account permanently limited after connecting paypal checkout to my website?

emni-dev
Contributor
Contributor

long story short, i was researching how to connect a way for customers to pay on my website. At first i had a friend of mine try to make a test purchase via the html/css buttons found here -  https://www.paypal.com/buttons/  butt that kept failing / not going through. After checking around the homepage, i noticed this link is not accessible via regular channels, so i figured that method was no longer supported.

After that, i tried using the recommended steps in pay-and-get-paid -> paypal checkout. failed to do anything as i'm not much of a coder, then proceeded to connect my paypal account to a popular ecommerce platfom that already had all integrations and code ready (instead of my custom code website i was trying on earlier)
My friend made a test purchase of 2$ in order to test if this worked.
I checked my paypal to find that i had been limited and i needed to submit some proof as it detected a security risk of some sort.
i promptly complied and uploaded what paypal asked me for. The next they "revieved" the info i had sent and they concluded the following: i should be banned/limited. Specifically, i got an email saying that my account is now permanently limited, and i quote it the email it says: "Based on the information we have today, it looks like customers were dissatisfied with activity from this business.
"
the one and only purchase made was from my friend, he did it willingly, and it was immediately auto refunded. he also attempted to make purchases on the html/css button templates i was trying to use, which were found on   https://www.paypal.com/buttons/, and some attemps that i made in the developer test area using paypals pre-generated test cards if that counts. All of this was done willingly, solely for the purpose of us testing how and if this works (?). literally no other purchases were made, but somehow i impose a "potential security risk"
i have been using paypal for over a decade on this account, not once did i do anything scam related nor did i plan to. can  anyone tell me is there any way to dispute this? how does this even make sense? as of now i have no way to contact support, it doesn't give me the option. my account is gone within a day for absolutely no reason.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@emni-dev 

Normally you can't appeal a permanent limitation however if you want to try then...........

Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a private direct message via Social Media on Facebook, Twitter/X, or Instagram pages.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Bryan84
Contributor
Contributor

My advice; find a different company. 

I also had a hold put on my account/ my money for no good reason. 

Login to Me Too

Tougher
New Community Member

Yes this has happened to us too. They have quite a large some of our money that PayPal are now holding onto

Dont know what to do now

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.