Account limited, trying to sell crypto and cash out

mattkirby218
Contributor
Contributor

My account was limited on February 5, 2021, on August 5, 2021 I was able to transfer my cash balance to my bank but not allowed to sell my crypto to then transfer to my bank as well. I called in 7-8 days ago and they said in 5 days I could sell my crypto but I still am unable to do so. I called back in today and they dont have it on record that they told me that. I am having trouble on the phone is there an email address for support? Any other ideas?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Sudop9000

Did you have any luck? Same issue here... I've called 10 times over 15 days. One rep was able to remove the limitations long enough to get BTC sold & transferred to the bank; however, the 3 other crypto balances remain locked. I continue to call every day and get the same incorrect answers/inability to get anyone who knows what they are doing at Paypal.  I still have not received the ACH at my bank, holding breath.. 

DO NOT BUY CRYPTO VIA PAYPAL! Their system is not equipped to handle it- spread the word!

Login to Me Too

mattkirby218
Contributor
Contributor
I did finally get it out, they never told me it was available or anything or that my account was active again so keep checking and keep calling. It seems they purposely have people that don’t speak English well or can’t transfer you to a supervisor, or give you solid answers with a time line or anything. One day I was just able to buy and sell again and could even send and receive money (for a week) and then it shut down again.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.