Account blocked

Zhenya_Golikova
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! My account is blocked and I can't reach a support to resolve this. And they don't read emails so I will put my letter here. Maybe someone can help...

Dear Customer Support,

I am writing to inquire about the reason for the suspension of my PayPal account. I did not find any prohibitions in the user agreement against receiving money from relatives or having a Russian passport. Since the end of last year, I have not been living in Russia and can provide proof of this with a statement from my bank card if needed.

In order to avoid returning to a country whose policies I disagree with, I need to establish myself in another country (I am currently in Mexico). For this, I need money because at the moment I have nothing to eat and I was very hopeful about these transfers. I am very fortunate to have friends and relatives who are happy to help me stay in this new country. As it happens, your service is currently my only means of receiving money. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to regain access to my account.

I appreciate you taking the time to review my situation and hope we can find a resolution. Please feel free to contact me if you need any additional information. Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely, Evgeniia [removed]

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Zhenya_Golikova
Contributor
Contributor

Also I've lost 20 dollars on exchange rate. My uncle sent me 400 and I received 380. Seems like a robbery to me.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @Zhenya_Golikova,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our Community Help Forum! 

I am sorry to know that your account is limited. Handling with limitation can be quite concerning. I recognize the importance of getting this taken care of. Limitations may be placed on your PayPal account, which could restrict you from completing certain actions: such as withdrawing, spending, or receiving money. An email is sent to explain the reason for the limitation and what needs to be done to resolve the problem. When an account limitation is placed, you would be required to complete all the steps in the 'Resolution Center' to resolve it. Once all the steps are done, your account would be sent for review. You would then be updated via email regarding your account status. 

To resolve the limitation usually, we would ask for proof of ID and proof of address in order to lift the limitation on your account. The proof of ID would be a copy of your passport or driving license. The proof of address is a utility bill, credit card, or bank account statement. The name and address on these documents need to match the name and address registered to your PayPal account. We also need to see the full document, as partial documents will not be accepted. If you need any help or face any difficulties during the process, you can reach out to our customer support team by clicking on contact at the bottom of our website for further assistance.

Regards the fees that you're referring to, please note that the exchange rate used for your currency conversion includes a fee which PayPal charges above the base exchange rate. The fee depends on the type of currency conversion. Here's the Help Center article to know more information about the fees. 

Regards,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.