Account blocked, more than 180 days passed and still can't withdraw funds to new paypal account.

McGamesC
Contributor
Contributor

My account was blocked over 6 months ago, i'm fully aware of what i did wrong so i understand it but paypal says that after 180 days i should be able to withdraw the funds and, in my case, transfer them to my new paypal account, but the limitation is still there and i haven't received anything since. I tried contacting paypal directly but couldn't so this is the only place i found.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@McGamesC 

If you can't withdraw funds for 180 days then that means you have a permanent ban and are not allowed to open another paypal account unless paypal have stated you can do???

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

McGamesC
Contributor
Contributor
Well, it says i cant use the info of a bank account or credit card in a new account, which i didnt. Doesnt say anything else so unless its written maliciously deep on the ToC...
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@McGamesC 

The initial email you received would have told you that you have a PERMANENT ban and that funds would be held for 180 days.

So you can release the funds after 180 days but the ban is permanent on you and not just your paypal account.

If you open another paypal account then that would soon be banned as well.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.