Account Permanently Limited Due to My Age

Temp20230530BW
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Guys, My account was just permanently limited due to me being under 18 when it was created years ago. I explained my situation to an agent in the message centre and she understood my situation and stated that I should create a new account with a new email and the correct details and that I should not worry. However, I am concerned that l if I make a new account with a new email it will instantly get flagged and I will be banned again. Also my bank account is linked to my limited PayPal so I'm also worried I will be banned for linking that bank account to my new PayPal account. If anyone here has been in this situation before or there are PayPal support members on here could you throw me some advice as I'm not at all sure what to do. Ideally I'd like to have my age updated on my account and it reinstated but the support agent told that was impossible. Is there a level I can contact where this maybe is possible? The reason I was banned was because I uploaded identity documents after being asked to and they contradicted the age that was input when the account was created. Thanks 😀
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20230530BW 

PayPal asks for a birth date when you register so whilst you can make a PayPal account with false information the account will need to be verified to accept funds into your balance or lift any limits. When you have to provide i.d. info it will show it was an illegally opened underage account.

As you would be unable to verify your account it would be permanently locked for further use.

You would never be able to use that illegally opened underage account again but once 18 Paypal may allow you to do a withdrawal of funds from that account (if any) or allow you to open a new account.

You would need a new email address but only customer services would be able to remove anything from the minor account like bank or cards but as its
permanently limited its unlikely they will do so, no harm asking though. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Temp20230530BW
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the reply. My account was made in 2016 or 2017, I can't quite remember and I have been using it up until today. I'm 20 years old now and I've used PayPal for thousands worth of transactions, I even have PayPal credit. Only today did they request my ID documents due to a request I made in the support centre yesterday. I do find it odd that I had never before been asked to provide verification.
Login to Me Too

AliCoskun
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, it seems like you also had the same issue I have right now.
I was hoping you could maybe tell me what you did to get your problem fixed.
that would be so nice.

cheers!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @AliCoskun

Thanks for joining the PayPal Community. Welcome! 

I understand your account was permanently limited recently, and it sounds like it might have been because you were underage when you created it. Is that the case? If so, I recommend reaching out to Customer Support. Your existing account would not be able to be reinstated, but sometimes, you would be permitted to make a new account. In that situation, Customer Support can assist with removing your payment information so you can add it to the new account. You can locate the different options for contacting Customer Support here

I hope you find the answers you're looking for when you reach out! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.