Account Limitations

CaiO25
Contributor
Contributor
My account was limited due to me being under 18. Im 18 now and aware i’ll need to make a new account, however when I go to remove information (like email and bank) it says i’m not allowed to… going to close the account it says I need to resolve any limitations, and i’m not able to do that either. Is there any way I can either remove the information or close the account? Or am I never allowed to use PayPal again because of this mistake?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CaiO25 

Paypal does not allow account holders under the age of 18.

PayPal asks for a birth date when you register so whilst you can make a PayPal account with false information the account will need to be verified to accept funds into your balance or lift any limits.
As you would be unable to verify your account it would be permanently locked for further use.

You would never be able to use that illegally opened underage account again but once 18 Paypal may allow you to open a new account. Opening a new account is not guaranteed as you have already broken their rules once so you would need to check first with customer services.https://www.paypal.com/cshelp/article/how-do-i-contact-paypal-customer-service--HELP378

However you would not be able to close OR remove anything or use anything from your minor limited account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.