Account Limitations

ntth_trang
Contributor
Contributor

@ admin,

Below is my communication with Paypal resolution center. I cannot see how my account can be reported to be involved in possible fraudulent or high risk behavior as their message said ? Why Paypal decide based on their imagination not the proof? Is there any one here in the same situation like me and could you suggest any idea to solve this problem?

Dear Trang <removed>,

Thank you for contacting PayPal with your concern.

We appreciate your interest in PayPal; however, our decision to leave your account in a permanent limitation status is final.

PayPal reserves the right to limit access to any account reported to be involved in possible fraudulent or high risk behavior. In the event of a dispute, PayPal will seek to recover the funds from you by debiting your PayPal balance and, if there are not sufficient funds in your PayPal balance, PayPal reserves the right to collect your debt to PayPal by any other legal means.

If you want to refund your buyers, you are able to do that any time as long as the status of the transaction is completed.  To issue a refund, go to the activity page, click the payment you want to refund, and click refund this payment.

If you do not have the ability to process a refund, you can reply to this email with the transaction details. We’ll send a refund on your behalf using money from your PayPal balance.

Due to the potential risk of chargebacks and other risks of funds reversals, your balance will be held 180 days from the date of the limitation. At that time, any remaining funds will be available for withdrawal.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Sincerely,
Vinayan
PayPal

Copyright© 1999-2021 PayPal Inc. All rights reserved.

Consumer advisory: PayPal Pte Ltd, the Holder of the PayPal payment service stored value facility, does not require the approval of the Monetary Authority of Singapore. Consumers (users) are advised to read the terms and conditions carefully.

Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2021 2:32:07 PM (-07:00)
Subject: RE: How to resolve an account limitation (KMM442096759V27483L0KM)
PayPal Customer Support :

Dear Anuran,

Thanks for your message. I have checked your regulations and i am sure that i do not violate any point of your policy. I attached the proofs show that my payment is legal. 

1. The authority letter of Instrumex indicated me as the sales coordinator in Vietnam and they paid me after succesful contract

2. The invoice of the succesful contract show the goods of the contract that I got

3. My ID

If you need any further information please let me know. Or if this is cannot be solved I must to find another way to receive the payment like western union or other ways. Tks so much and let me know your way for this issue. 

Best regards,

Trang

Dear Trang <removed>,

If your account is limited, we'll send you an email with the reason for that limitation. For your convenience, we always list the steps to remove the limitation in the Resolution Center under Steps to Remove Limitation.

Reasons for Account Limitations
There are several reasons why your account may be limited. Here are some examples:

*   Regulatory requirements

Your account could be limited in order to comply with regulatory requirements. For example, requesting certain products, like a debit card, can trigger federal and state laws, and we may limit your account while we work together to satisfy those requirements.

*   Acceptable Use Policy

Likewise, if you’re not in compliance with our Acceptable Use Policy, you’ll find that your account has been limited. Selling banned items such as prescription drugs or guns is an example of a violation of the Acceptable Use Policy.

*   Unauthorized use

We may limit your PayPal account to protect you from potential losses and review any fraudulent activity if:

*   We believe someone accessed your PayPal account without your authorization
*   Your bank informs us that there have been unauthorized transfers between your PayPal account and your bank account
*   Your debit or credit card issuer alerts us that someone may have used your card without your permission

*   Higher-risk activity

Another reason why your account could be limited is seller performance indicating your account is high risk. Examples include:

*   You received an unusually high number of claims and chargebacks from your buyers, which is an indication of poor seller performance
*   You started selling an entirely new type of product, such as a higher-cost item like jewlery
*   Your typical sales volume increased rapidly, which is out of nature with your usual sales patterns

In these cases, your account may be limited while we do a review.

*   Inactive account

We may also limit your PayPal account if you haven’t used it much since you signed up. To restore full access to your account, log in and provide a Proof of Identity (such as Driver’s license Copy, State ID copy etc.). Go to your Notifications center to upload documents.

Sincerely,
Anuran
PayPal

Copyright © 1999-2021 PayPal. All rights reserved.
Consumer Advisory - PayPal Pte Ltd, the Holder of the PayPal payment service stored value facility, does not require the approval of the Monetary Authority of Singapore. Consumers (users) are advised to read the terms and conditions carefully.

Sent: Sunday, September 19, 2021 5:07:08 AM (-07:00)
Subject: RE: How to resolve an account limitation (KMM442026496V30844L0KM)

PayPal Customer Support :

Dear Sir/Madam,

Could you please let me know the reason why my account is limited? and which proof that I should provide you to solve this problem? Tks so much and look forward to hearing from you soon

Best regards,

Trang

Dear Trang <removed>,

We have reviewed your PayPal account, and due to the excessive risk involved, we would like to begin parting ways in a manner that is least disruptive to your business.

Please log in to your PayPal account and contact PayPal by clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. Please provide us with the information needed to facilitate the disbursement of any funds remaining in your PayPal account.

Funds disbursement can be handled in one of two ways:

*   If you want to refund your buyers, you are able to do that any time as long as the status of the transaction is completed.  To issue a refund, go to the activity page, click the payment you want to refund, and click refund this payment.

OR

*   The funds in your PayPal account balance will be held for 180 days from the date the limitation was originally placed on the account. After 180 days, you will be notified via email with information on how to receive your remaining funds.

If you choose to provide refunds to your customers, please log in to your account and contact us with a list of transaction IDs for the buyers that you would like to have refunded for you.

We thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

Sincerely,
Alpha
PayPal

Copyright © 1999-2021 PayPal. All rights reserved.
Consumer Advisory - PayPal Pte Ltd, the Holder of the PayPal payment service stored value facility, does not require the approval of the Monetary Authority of Singapore. Consumers (users) are advised to read the terms and conditions carefully.

Sent: Friday, September 17, 2021 8:08:11 PM (-07:00)
Subject: How to resolve an account limitation

Hello,
I received the email inform that my paypal account is limited with case ID PP-010-174-788-088. I provide you the proof that i am the authorized sales coordinator of Instrumex and they pay for me after each successful sales order.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.