2FA Locked Me Out, Dispute Help

ahf254
Contributor
Contributor

So for the past few months I've been dealing with the fact that a hacker got into my Playstation Network account and changed my 2FA without permission so I can no longer access the account. Weirdly enough, I'm still able to change my password but I am totally unable to get past the 2FA part since I cannot disable it. For the first month this happened I tried to call Sony about the issue, but cannot get ahold of anybody through their telephone lines (automated voice says that the lines are busy no matter what time or frequency I call and then automatically hangs up). As far as I know, there is no other way to contact Sony (even their phone lines are deeply buried and hidden).

Despite the security breach, I'm still being charged monthly for a service I can neither cancel nor use. I can't even make sure my personal information is safe because of this. I filed a dispute with Paypal that was denied because "the seller delivered the item", and I don't know what to do or how to more properly appeal for this. I don't even care about past charges - I just don't want to be charged every month for this.

Thanks beforehand, this is highly frustrating.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ahf254 

Check if you had a subscription set up and cancel it?
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ahf254
Contributor
Contributor

I suppose it's because my Paypal doubles as a commercial account, but I can't seem to find the Automatic Payments page from the header:

header.png

Login to Me Too

EMlmAQgF1mBKuMP
Contributor
Contributor
Good ahedia
Login to Me Too

bluesys
Contributor
Contributor

Cancel your paypal account. This will stop the payments.

Sadly this seems the only way currently to get paypal problems fixed these days.

You can always open a new account and start fresh.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.