163.com scam

Fridgeola
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a guitar through a Facebook ad, paid $108. I should have guessed that there was something dodgy when the shop disappeared from Facebook almost immediately and I got no confirmation of the purchase.

I filed a complaint and like many others, PayPal just blew me off because the seller had provided them with some dodgy tracking number. I put the tracking number in the USPS website and nothing came up as delivered on that date and I sent them a screen shot of the tracking page.

I could just chalk this up to experience, buy I'm too stubborn to let the **bleep** get away with it and PayPal should know better.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fridgeola 

Paypal is just a payment processor that gives you 'some' buyer and 'some' seller protection.
So disputes for non receipt of item are mostly automated. Seller provides tracking that shows delivery = seller wins.
So then its your turn to do some work to assist Paypal in recovering your purchase price from your seller.

Firstly ring customer services and tell them that the number is fake or that the item was shown as shipped before you purchased it. With that information they may well just issue you a refund.

Secondly if they don't then... APPEAL
To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address. THEY DON'T HAVE TO SAY WHICH ADDRESS IT WAS SENT TO, JUST THAT IT WAS NOT DELIVERED TO YOUR ADDRESS.

Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click contact at the bottom of the page, or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Fridgeola
Contributor
Contributor

Pay Pal have repeatedly sided with the scammers and keep denying the claim despite the fact, the USPS said it was an item worth about $3.oo and not a guitar as ordered!

Login to Me Too

Rightson1
Contributor
Contributor
Go to your bank or card holder, they will do the work if they can. I think it's such a small amount the scammers keep collecting and the banks just eat it. Bank returned my $75. These scammers can get a ups tracking number saying package delivered. From there says shipped from Amazon. Good luck!!
Login to Me Too

Mybeachhouse201
New Community Member
Thank you for the great info!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.