my first time using paypal—is this a scam? is it honest?
this is my first time using paypal. everyone i contacted thus far has said i need to send them back $35 or $15 to complete the transaction (using the family and friends option?) is this a scam?
one of them told me that the fee is to deliver my first payment transaction successfully into his PayPal and to enroll my account to his business payroll account
is this real?
NEVER use friends/family to purchase anything, they are scammers and if you trade with them then you will have 0 buyer protection.
Secondly you never pay any upfront fee as a seller.
Ignore scammers that send fake Paypal emails telling you that you need to pay an upfront fee to verify/upgrade/or any other reason to 'accept' a payment.
You would certainly never have to send funds via another payment processor/bitcoins/ or tokens/vouchers of any sort.
Any fee is auto deducted by Paypal at the same instant the remainder of the payment is credited to your Paypal account balance.
No funds in your balance = you have not yet been paid, even pending/held payments will still show in your Paypal account activity.
Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Haven't Found your Answer?
It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.
- How long the TAX ID verifycation update? My payment is on hold in Transactions Archives
- Stop doing business with Vanon Batteries in Security and Fraud Archives
- Need Paypal help so I can refund the customer for the item I couldn't ship. seller from Russia in Transactions Archives
- PayPal Summary in Security and Fraud Archives
- Permanent Limitation in Security and Fraud Archives