in 2020, I created my minor son a virtual account and I undersigned. He can't use his funds.

Andrewsmom1
New Community Member

Just after receiving the first stimulus in 2020, I started my minor son a paypal account online and told them my info also since he is a minor. We were quarantined 50 miles from one another, so a family friend went to a location that allowed her to add $420 to his pay pal account.  The money was allowed to be added to his account, but has never been allowed to be accessed because of his age. There were no live agents due to the pandemic and no mailing address or email address found for pay pal. Finally, after many months, an agent told me they would mail a check within 180 days.  We still cannot use the money; it still shows in his account.  What can I do?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Andrewsmom1,

Thank you for joining the Community Forum and making your first post! I'm sorry to hear about the held funds, and I hope to help direct you down the avenue to getting them!

If you were told that a check would be sent and one has not arrived in the timeframe indicated, I would recommend reaching out to speak with a Customer Service representative to allow them to investigate the status. To find your contact options, click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website. Alternatively, you can reach out by DM on Instagram or Twitter, or PM on Facebook.

I hope you're able to get those funds quickly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.