chargeback

Crab3k
Contributor
Contributor

"After reviewing the info we received, we were unable to cover this payment and have debited $1xx USD from your PayPal balance. We’ll attempt to recover this amount from the buyer’s financial institution. If we’re able to recover the payment, the money will be credited back to your balance. It could take up to 75 days for us to get a resolution."
i sold virtual game goods, after trade completed, buyer make a refund with reason " someone made transaction without their permision"
I have provided full proof of the transaction between us
also transaction between my friend and him on 1/2022 to prove he really owns that pp account
After the pp center review, I won the case
but a week later, on November 20, 2022
financial institution, through his debit card make a withdrawal from my pp balance
pp center said to wait 75 days but now it's past that time
what should i do 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Crab3k 

The chargeback process is external to the PayPal system. The buyer's credit card issuer grants its members specific consumer protection which PayPal has no authority to replace or reduce. If a PayPal user initiates a chargeback with their credit card company Paypal have no way of stopping the claim. Please note that there are costs associated with processing chargebacks. When a PayPal payment is charged back, Paypal is charged a fee by the credit card issuer. They pass this non-refundable fee on to you. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Crab3k 

The chargeback process is external to the PayPal system. The buyer's credit card issuer grants its members specific consumer protection which PayPal has no authority to replace or reduce. If a PayPal user initiates a chargeback with their credit card company Paypal have no way of stopping the claim. Please note that there are costs associated with processing chargebacks. When a PayPal payment is charged back, Paypal is charged a fee by the credit card issuer. They pass this non-refundable fee on to you. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.