You can no longer do business with PayPal

drewseancarter
Contributor
Contributor

Is there anyway possible that I can appeal this choice made by PayPal. I have been reading the forums and honestly I think that I am wasting my time by posting this based on what I am reading, but what they heck, I will try it anyway. I am not band from a breach of User Agreement or Terms & Conditions like I see from most of the limitations I have read. I honestly was band because after PayPal reviewed my account they said they found potential risk associated with it and that they will be holding my money for up to 180 days. Really PayPal???? What is potential risk you could have found with my account when I am an above standard seller on eBay for years, which you already know cause eBay is your parent company. I have done everything PayPal has asked. I shipped on time, I upload tracking numbers, I added my bank account information, confirmed my phone numbers, I didn't even complain when they held my funds for sometimes 3 days after the item was delivered. Despite it all I don't care that they are holding my funds for 180 like the email stated, I just want to find away to have my account reinstated as PayPal is the best way to sell on eBay which is my only source of income right now. I don't believe in impossible, I was always taught that if there is a will there is a way. Especially if you're innocent. I am not here to fight for the millions of users who account has become limited. I just want PayPal to hear my case and my story as and to tell me why did you really limit my account as I did not violate any of your agreements.

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@drewseancarter

Band should read banned  Smiley Wink

Ebay is no longer anything to do with Paypal, they split a few years back and are once again 2 completely separate companies. That is why they have 2 completely separate buyer and seller protection policies and why Ebay is offering other payment options and no longer saying sellers have to use Paypal.

If Paypal have said they no longer want your business and you have had an email to say you can withdraw funds after 180 days then thats the end of it really and there is no appeal  Smiley Sad

Paypal does not want to limit anyone, why would they when having users selling and buying with Paypal is how they make their money !! So if they permanently limited you then you must have broken their rules in one way or another.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

drewseancarter
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Thanks for your reply. While I value your opinion I think you still live in a world where you think the government does no wrong and that everyone is honest. Smiley Indifferent  So don't tell me I had to do something for them to banned me. If I did am sure it would have stated like the millions of other users that was banned (yes banned this time and not band, thanks for the English lesson Mr. Politically correct) for violating there User Agreement or some other sort. I probably was banned by a computer running some complex algorithms to try and determine who is a risk, which we both know will never 100% be correct for every user it scans. Hence the reason for my banned. They know for users that have truly done nothing will fight and those who have will just take there money and go. I have over 3,000 dollars sitting in my account that they are going to hold for 6 months. Do you know how much money I can make with 3,000 dollars in 6 months so image a big company like PayPal and if this do this to 3,000 other people.Its the cycle of life they really don't  give a crap about there users because they know the biggest principle there is which is the cycle of life. For every user they banned there will be another one that is going to be of age to replace the one they banned. The same applies to life. For everyone person that leaves this earth there will be another birth to replace the dead. So instead of being a volunteer advisor for PayPal maybe you should go do your homework like I have been doing and really get to know the company that you are so strongly advocating for. Because unless you currently work for PayPal and sit in there board meeting you are merely speculating like me and millions of others users, as to what PayPal does and doesn't do. So once again thanks for your opinion but go leave it somewhere else and not on my thread. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@drewseancarter

No i don't 'work' for paypal and I am not a 'volunteer' for paypal.

This is a COMMUNITY 'user to user' help and advice forum.

So yes we give 'advice' and 'opinion' and I am just as entitled to my opinion as you are to yours.

And my opinion is that paypal does not ban accounts for no reason at all.

Also giving you a spelling lesson which I did with a smiley 'wink' to show it was meant as fun has nothing to do with being 'politically correct'.

So no problem, I tried to help you and you did not appreciate it, I certainly won't bother anymore, but then as you are banned you probably won't need any future advice will you cheeribye.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Phil53
Contributor
Contributor

You talk [removed] pal, I do think you work for PayPal, I just hope you get banned ,yes for doing nothing wrong and let’s see how you feel

Login to Me Too

AngelEileen
Contributor
Contributor
I’m having the same problem after someone who owed me money sent it through PayPal. I’m not sure why PayPal put a limit on my account, then banned me. I can only assume that the transaction was way larger than my usual ones, or the person sending me the funds did something that will cause an issue.
Login to Me Too

mbohl1
New Community Member

This just happened to me.. to the best of my knowledge I didn't break any rules and my account was permanently limited... did you ever get this resolved

Login to Me Too

Phil53
Contributor
Contributor

Think you are bang on, the (removed) before says it’s because you breached conditions, absolutely bollocks, I’ve been banned and have done absolutely nothing wrong

Login to Me Too

Temp20210802
Contributor
Contributor

I do not sell on ebay.  I do buy things often on ebay and generally use paypal.  This morning I had an email saying my account was restored.  

WTF ?  is this some sort of scam?  Opened a new browser and typed in paypal.com and found no mention anywhere on my account.

Then I see that my Updates folder has another email from PayPal saying I was banned.  Again WTF?  I use the account once or twice per month.

Banned and restored with virtually no explanation.  Very poor customer experience.

Login to Me Too

I was just banned. I called spoke to someone. And I think it may be because I have my friend send money to my account and those were All the transactions they wanted me to explain. But I realize that it is a business account and I use to to sell things on eBay, but i guess I needed a separate account to receive money from friends not my business account. That’s my guess because the account has been open for years and I’m an above average seller On eBay as well. Also I had a death in the family and wasn’t able to give my business the attention it needed and Such, a lot of buyers got refunds and contact for a week. But they got there Money back. Also I don’t have a supplier so I couldn’t provide statements for that. But I explained what I do The person I spoke to at PayPal said this was all fine and just answer and respond with the truth and you will be fine. 180 days to get money, but I’m a “risk” I totally agree, I’m sure it was computer generated by algorithms that assess risk. They are so big, and would do this to save time. Not 100% but that’s ok I guess... to them.. all the trust and business I build is gone now. I have to start over. They don’t value the 1000s in fees they collected over the years. Really sucks. But yea I think we are **bleep**ed. Sucks sorry this happened to you as well. Take care
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.