Wife's Paypal account has been hacked!!

JosephRusso99
Contributor
Contributor
My wife's Paypal account has been hacked!! Last night, her password was changed and 2-factor authentification set up. Today, she changed her password. However, she is now being prompted to provide her 6-digit verification code (from the Autheticator) which she doesn't have set up. What can we do to get this RESOLVED today (Sunday) through consulting with Paypal Security? THIS IS URGENT!!
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JosephRusso99 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JosephRusso99 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JosephRusso99
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks @kernowlass We were not aware of many of these options. On Monday morning (during business hours), a Customer Service person helped us resolve the issue. In the meantime, we ended up moving all funds to alternative bank accounts that were "not" linked to her Paypal account. Thanks
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.